videos of 🔥 music people being 🔥 at playing music

a few drummer ones to start:

1 Like

Not sure why you would do drummers and not include Nyango Star

17 Likes
2 Likes

EDIT: Just picked this one but every performance Art ever had in his career could be on here.

2 Likes

Everything that Jimmy Chamberlin has ever done would fit here. Without spending the night obsessively searching through videos, off the top of my head these have the closest things we have to a Jimmy cam. Wish there were a camera on him at all times for all performances.

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex - Streetcrawler

The Smashing Pumpkins - Superchrist

The Smashing Pumpkins - Fuck You (An Ode to No One)

The Smashing Pumpkins - Cash Car Star

Drum solo at a workshop

Frank Catalano and Jimmy playing jazz

He’s unreal.

2 Likes

Just listened to it it’s pretty special, but boy did that youtube headline grab me hook line and sinker.

Love how this looks like it’s being played at some comedy Benny Hill speed.

3 Likes
1 Like

I love this video of Steve Vai improvising all the guitar bits on the Halo 2 soundtrack

3 Likes

This is for Garth’s drumming and not the “may I help you” riff :smiley:

3 Likes

The drummer.

1 Like

Maybelle Carter

2 Likes

just bangin’

1 Like

the bit where he’s going on and off the lip of the snare while doing a roll at maximum speed should be impossible

this vid is why I think he’s the goat in terms of technique

5 Likes

the reason his violin sounds so sick is that he uses steel strings - gives more power

and oh my does he smash it out

good video to play to anyone who thinks the violin is a fragile wimpy instrument

1 Like

I really like the way this piece has delicate bouncy bits but also the fast bits which are just so accurate, there’s so much attack

this comment sums it up well

Playing la Campanella twice to three times a week is a good cardio excercise and is guaranteed to keep you in good shape

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I want a drum kit so bad. even just a snare drum.

absolute machine gun rolls

THEREMIN

2 Likes

oh yeah this is the stuff

wish I’d been able to carry on playing violin