Vinyl Holy Grail

I should really learn to stick to my principles, I’d decided I definitely wasn’t going to bother at that price then had another look this morning, saw Norman’s pre-orders were already sold out but were still available at Crash Records in Leeds (where I could pick up from the shop and not pay postage) aaand I folded like wet cardboard :roll_eyes:

Fuck it, what’s money for anyway? It’s not as if I have kids to feed! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I got mine from Crash records aswell. The way I justify it to myself is that its an investment and If I really need the money I can sell it at same if not higher price! (not that I ever will…)

Goddammit , I thought we had strength in numbers, people!

I think if I could find somewhere I could pick up locally and not pay postage, I could probably justify it to myself. I live in East London, so that should be easy, but the gouging bastards at Rough Trade want £44 for it (WTF?!), and Stranger Than Paradise, Flashback and World of Echo all don’t seem to be carrying it…

Both still on Banquet Records - £38 a pop

1 Like

If i could summon the power of Fugazi again…

Never mind what’s been selling, its what you’re buying

:smiley: nah, i’m the same. Been sorely tempted but holding off for the store down the road to get it in (with my history of buying panopticon it’ll probably not come in)…which will be £38 i’m sure but i may get him to £35!

2 Likes

sorry to be a cheeky bastard but I have stuck a few things up for sale in the community thread. let me know if you see anything, happy to negotiate prices.

Be quick!!

2 Likes

How many have they pressed?

Ipecac don’t even have it.

no idea, it says indies only but :man_shrugging:

I just got the email from Norman telling me it was available so jumped on it.

1 Like

£100 plus on Discogs for all previous presses.

Tempted.

1700 worldwide.

https://www.spindizzyrecords.com/product/isis-panopticon-2021-repress-2lp-limited-black-vinyl-sep-24/

1 Like

Okay, this has tipped me over the edge.

Sold.

“the rarely-explored mid-point between My Bloody Valentine and Slayer

1 Like

How do people dust their records?

I use a supposedly anti-static microfibre brush on it while the record spins, but it’s always 50/50 whether it actually has no static on the record after playback.

My old turntable would even produce an audible tsssssss when i removed the static-y record.

I absolutely love them but i would never use that description!

By this album they were more Neurosis by the way of Explosions in the sky maybe.

Still hurts paying best part of £40 for it but i’m probably going to do it…whilst slapping my younger self repeatedly.

Quote is from wikipedia, they sound great, bought a copy from Norman.

I’ve had Oceanic on black vinyl for a few years so have been waiting for this one (as it’s my favourite), I dithered on the splatter variant from a few months ago as it was £50 and by the time I gave in it was sold out!

2 Likes

oh they are great. This was their last truly great record if you ask me You may dig some of the earlier stuff also to be honest, they were a bit more straight up; more harsh and uncompromising.

2 Likes

I’ve found my choice of slipmat has improved the static build up, after discarding the thin piece of felt that came with my old Pro-ject Debut III I first tried a cork one which reduced it a fair bit but on my current Technics turntable I’m using a thick suede one (wahey) which seems excellent. I also use a carbon anti static brush before putting the needle on, there’s sometimes still some static build up but I’m not sure there’s much else you can do.

I’ve never heard it. I do like their sound.

I keep looking to see if Norman has Sold Out!

Bagged one, looking forward to listening to it, will hold off until it arrives.

1 Like

No harm in trying out Oceanic while you wait! :grinning:

2 Likes