Vinyl Holy Grail

@midnightpunk It’s been years since I actually listened to my copy - I think I will tonight, if only to work out whether it’s a UK original pressing, a UK reissue pressing or a boot. will check the track separation and the level of censorship!

1 Like

(I paid £14 for it about 15 years ago, so it was a bargain in any case)

1 Like

You can get it for around £50 but it’s always coming from abroad (normally from Brazil) so postage is a fair whack on top of that.

My Discogs wantlist is mostly the SFA albums that haven’t been reissued yet.

Rings Around The World should be getting a re-press this year - hopefully with all the bells and whistles that the original had. I can see Phantom Power getting reissued a couple of years fown the line but, after that, who knows really? Can’t see there being much demand for a 20th anniversary edition of Dark Days / Light Years in 2029 so may need to just cough up £80 to grab that one from Discogs…

I had the mid 90’s reissue. It’s a lovely looking album. I let it go about 2000 for £20 because I really want the original (or whichever the Verve blue label one is).

The most expensive and/or harder to find ones from my wantlist are:

Sectioned - Annihilated
Arca - Stretch 2
Air France - No Way Down/On Trade Winds (would settle for just No Way Down but any of these are hard to come by in decent condition)
The Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams
Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein

3 Likes

Yeah and that’s all they get. The taxes that the buyer goes to pay the taxes.

right. ok.

I read their page on VAT and found it very hard to grasp!

It was always self-titled as far as I know. The TIUF title was applied retroactively by the band I think, there’s no trace of that name on the packaging BUT it does show up in the promo materials. Pretty annoying and confusing.

It’s worth a spin, the band changed massively between that and Cryptograms. I wish I still had my bootlegs, ‘Tech School’ and ‘Adorno’ BURNED live.

1 Like

And it might be different in UK , but that how I understand it over here. The real kicker with selling discogs is the buyers , most are good , but then you get that one guy (and it’s always a guy) who loses his mind over a slight bent corner or a debate over if something is near mint or v.v. good. So advice if you sell anything expensive ,package that up so that its bullet proof.

3 Likes

This is my current wishlist, although I’ve since managed to order recent ltd represses of the bottom two, both of which sold out very quickly. Just hoping they get here safely from the US.

2 Likes

Need to complete my AMREP 7" collection at some point. Got about halfway there. Might skip the stupidly expensive Melvins ones though (especially as King Buzzo is cancelled again)

Very conscious that my wantlist on Discogs is 31 items long now.

Looks like this is the UK original release.

1 Like

Used to have lots of wants but not so much now due to all the repressed.
I would like the following represses:

Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian verse
Frightened Rabbit - all of the 7"s or at least the Xmas one.
The Wrens - The Meadowlands.

Would like Warnings/Promises by Idlewild to get pressed.

1 Like

I read somewhere that TIUF was just printed on the spines of the vinyl copies (I’ve only got a cd copy though).

Does anybody want The Stage Names by Okkervil River? Or Dream River by Bill Callahan? Open to offers.

Mine’s 1,324 :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’ve never seen it on an image of the LP and only on promo materials from the time. Neither of us are going to be buying an LP any time soon at that price though!