Visions Festival 2021

I’ve just bought a ticket for Visions festival this weekend… I’ve been for something like the last 6 as it’s pretty much on my doorstep but wasn’t going to go this year until I found out my girlfriend will be at a hen do so why not eh.

No idea who any of the acts are this year though, so does anyone have any recommendations on who I should see?

http://www.visionsfestival.com/

Lorraine James and Caroline would be my must sees. I’d also maybe try see Famous and Folly Group.

1 Like

Billy Nomates is excellent - kind of angry semi-spoken word delivery that’s Kae Tempest/Sleaford Mods adjacent…

Porridge Radio also excellent and has got a lot of love on here. One of the best of the current post punk crop - I also like that their delivery reminds me of vintage Cure…

Girl Ray are good - synthy indie pop. Perfect for a sunny day…

2 Likes

I know there’s “the situation” but seems to be half the number of venues / acts for the same ticket price?

It’s about £10 cheaper than the usual full price/final release

No dog show though, gutted

Went the dog show last year, thought it was rubbish :frowning:

As if a dog show could ever be rubbish :sob:

2 Likes

Falle Nioke is good

Might go again tomorrow, anyone lower on the bill you’d recommend?

Mdou Moctar for sure

2 Likes

I really like HighSchool. They clearly like New Order, bags of hooky indie jangle.

1 Like

Fat Dog have a bit of hype about them, Nukuluk and Keeley Forsyth both great too!

1 Like

Deathcrash are very, very, very Slint-ish if that’s your sort of thing.

2 Likes

Really rate Dana Gavanski. Kinda like Weyes Blood meets Cate le Bon.

2 Likes

Tickets are available for £3.50 to NHS staff, btw

Selling a ticket to this for cheap. If anyone fancies it please dm me today/tonight!

Edit: Dice ticket so easily transferable

I saw Jessica Winter at Great Escape and she was really catchy electro pop.
Looking at the lineup on Spotify, I seem to be following a few more artists than I recognise, so I must have liked a song from a bunch of them in the past. Will have a proper listen and have a theoretical clashfindee plan to see if it might tempt me to go.

1 Like

Very glad I went today; dog show was pretty great having had to miss it for a few years, saw some p good bits and pieces but Keeley fuckin Forsyth was another level and made my 30 quid or whatever I paid a year ago seem like a bargain.

Otherwise Dana Gavanski and Holden/Zimpel were highlights.

Have things to do tomorrow so not sticking around for headliners, Also actually very drunk.

4 Likes

Great fun, those churches were WARM though. Really enjoyed For Those I Love, Mdou Moctar and Giant Swan (who were utterly immense). Saw about 10 minutes of Keeley Forsyth but really wasn’t in the mood, ended up skipping Deathcrash too because the sound of the one thing I did see in Oslo was so awful that I didn’t bother risking it. Still phenomenal value for £30, really like how close together it all is now (shout out to the tiny newsagent opposite Hackney Tap selling £1.19 cans of Red Stripe too, meant a full day of boozing barely cracked a tenner for me).

1 Like