Visiting Leeds - recommendations?

London

1 Like

The armouries is so good, unexpectedly eldritch af

1 Like

The Abbey House Museum is an interesting little place and it’s next to Kirkstall Abbey which is a cool old ruin, could be full of bored kids though as it’s summer holidays. Can stop for a point at the Kirkstall Bridge Inn after.

1 Like

Have a poke about under the railway station and see a massive river flowing under these huge dark archways.

2 Likes

I haven’t been in years but the Corn Exchange is beautiful and has a wonderful roof. Worth having a look at.

1 Like

oh god yeah, this. If there is a better beer snack than their okra fries then I certainly haven’t found it. And the Bundo Chaat is like dirty nachos, but somehow even better.

1 Like

snooze on the paneer tikka at your peril

1 Like

People have already listed things I love about the place, if you’ve got time the Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield, the National Science and Media Museum In Bradford and the Yorkshire Sculpture park are worth a day trip if you’ve got time and that’s your bag.

Tropical World has lizards and butterflys if it’s raining.

4 Likes

The reliance does good wine and great food https://the-reliance.co.uk/
There’s a wine shop in chapel allerton where you can drink in called wayward wines https://waywardwines.co.uk/

1 Like

It’s been mentioned for food but the market is just a brilliant building in itself to have a wander round.

2 Likes

Yeah above bundobust and the others mentioned there’s a couple good places in the market. Can’t remember the name but had a brilliant ful at one of them. Kanassa (veggie Colombian food) used to be there and do pop ups sometimes - see if they’re doing anything as they’re great.

Tropical World is a nice trip.

Oh also - the chilli sauce shop is great and the guy that runs it is lovely. Poco and Smak round Burley way are great too and there’s a brewery up there if you’re in the area

3 Likes

Did the Yorkshire Sculpture Park on the way back from holiday the other week, it’s really really great. Be prepared to walk a long way, though, it’s massive and some of the pieces are bloody miles away.

2 Likes

Is there a way to get to it without a car?

Go to Owt in the Corn Exchange. Cool building to look at anyway and the food is absolutely sensational - open for breakfast and through the afternoon/early evening, genuinely can’t recommend it enough.

Few food recommendations here (including Owt) if we haven’t overwhelmed you already

1 Like

You can get train to Wakefield (20mins) and then bus to YSP (40mins).

1 Like

i like colours may vary

Currently in the middle of moving I think

oh i like the big building it’s in. i guess Village instead for that sort of thing? i preferred when it was in the corn exchange though

Interesting that Home was included, I thought it was just ok for the price (i.e. expensive), maybe it was just an off night

You Stupid Prick?

1 Like