Voice Commands On Your Phone

You’re right and I apologise.

“Siri, detonate all other Siris.”

2 Likes

yeah, as IF i’m going to let my phone learn what my voice sounds like.

If I was paying for Google Now or whatever it’s currently called then I might use it because I agree that some of these functions are potentially great.

But given that this is offered for free it makes me very suspicious.

What’s their end game? Is is it just to make us utterly dependent and then start charging? Or is it way, way, way more sinister than that? (Alright Charlie Brooker).

one of those things I hope I never do

I got one of the Amazon Alexa thingys last Christmas and after the initial novelty of asking it daft questions wore off I did wonder why people were so excited about these things.

MIne’s now largely a glorified egg timer, as mentioned in the OP, it’s also handy for reminders, so I’ve put in reminders to get cards for birthdays and what-not. Oh, I listen to digital radio on it quite a bit because it’s easier yelling out what station I want rather than fiddling with the radio. Umm, that’s about it.

1 Like

i will never talk to my phone

1 Like

Only use it to text nonsense to the TV while she’s sitting next to me

1 Like

Probably one for the annoying your partner thread but upon waking up most Saturday mornings I’d ask Siri to read out the Premier League fixtures. She used to pronounce ‘city’ like ‘citeh’ which was good.

1 Like

I ask my phone to set timers for cooking, but other than that I don’t think I use it at all.

• Egg Timer
  • Sending text messages whilst I’m driving
  • Controlling the music whilst I’m driving
  • Telling me the time when I’m out with the dog and my hands are full and I forgot to put a watch on

You’re probably getting more use out of yours than 90% of people who own one.

We seem to do this thread a lot.

I said “OK Discobot, has this thread been done before” and the bastard just said

:crystal_ball: Signs point to yes

but that bastard can’t stop lying so I posted it anyway.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Alexa? Delete Drowned in Sound…

2 Likes

1 Like