Volleyball

I dunno lonzo, this sounds more like badminton with a volleyball twist, where as I think volleyball with a badminton twist would be more useful to me.

1 Like

Q:What happens when the dog eats the volleyball?
A: BAd Dog Minton!!

How about standing like this?

What, just start the game standing there like that?

Not start, all game.

He dosen’t look very well balanced, and I think it’d be quite hard to reach the ball if I was like that all of the time

Gold at the 1996 Olympics, thankyouverymuch.
Played a lot of volleyball at school. And never since, obviously.

1 Like

Ah bollocks, that means that the bog standard is going to be higher than zero.

Considering bailing on this, pretty sure it’s mostly just a bunch of single people flirting with each other anyway, and who has time for that?

Night crew got better advice?

I get the feeling night people aren’t volleyball people

Try not to let the ball touch the ground. Or do. I don’t really care

1 Like

My Ozzie connections are doing me a solid

"So you don’t score points unless you serve the ball. So make sure your serve gets over. Even if it isn’t good to start with, getting it in and the rally commencing is better than giving he ball straight back to them. If your friends have played before they’ll serve over arm. You’ll probably want to serve underarm until you have a chance to practise. Else you’ll look like a fool.

The first shot - a dig is two arms together with your palms facing up. Only goal for a beginner is to take the force off the ball. If you’re good you’ll dig it to the guy in the middle at the front so he can set it. The next move is a set. Pointer and index fingers together with palms facing up, hands above your head. Take the spin off the ball and push it up without spin to one of the outer front people so they can spike. Finally the spike is hitting the ball hard and down over the net with your wrist.

Rinse and repeat. The serve is the hardest part.

You can dig it on the second or 3rd shot if needed, there’s no rules around that, it’s just good technique."

You are not a good coach.

I’m sorry but it had to be said.

I’m an even worse volleyball player. Gotta know your set from your spike mind.

I can dig it

That’s the attitude. Now go get 'em sport

2 Likes

there’s a joke to be made about DiS here but i’m too lazy to work it out

1 Like

What do you wear to volleyball?

Bastards changed the time and location and forgot to tell me and one other guy (we are moaning about it on WhatsApp). At lunch today people spent most of the time speculating how bad I would be, which has not filled me with confidence.

So.

What should I do?

• Sack it off and wonder what to do with my unexpectedly free evening, probably nothing.
  • Leave work early and then cycle 40 minutes from the fucking train station to get to the new place via home where I have to pick up my fucking kit, risking turning up late and being like “Sorry I’m late, how the fuck do you even play this sport anyway?” basically singling myself out as a massive pillock.

0 voters

I think everyone on the drowned in sound website has muted this thread

Guys, I had SUCH a good time, so glad I went. I wasn’t even the worst by far. Got a load of serves in too. Absolute GBOLs all round too, mostly Spanish funnily enough. Thanks to all the voters who said go, so glad I did!!

6 Likes