Vote for the UK's next cities! (nominations thread)

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH
CITY
OF
CORBY

2 Likes

Le Corboi

Bournemouth has a city feel I reckon

I am le Corboi

Tebay Services

3 Likes

Is this the pub Jeremy and Super Hans were opening?

6 Likes

Any which would make a football team change names. Swansea City used to be Swansea Town for example. So erm, Cheltenham?

Iā€™d tend to agree with @waveyswirley suggestion of Birkenhead, but I feel I should probably nominate my birth place Wrexham. Itā€™s the largest place in North Wales that isnā€™t a city, itā€™s got its own lager, and the football club is owned by Hollywood stars. What more do you want?

1 Like

Paisley-Renfrew Metro Area.

Fun facts I learnt while reading that wikipedia page:

Cambridge wasnā€™t a city until 1951.

Southend

Itā€™s not right that fake Essex (Chelmsford and above) have more cities than real Essex

1 Like

I like all the places around here too much to make them into cities (except Salcombe which is a shithole) so I will throw my considerable influence behind Corby.

1 Like

Balamory

Huntingdon.

fake fake
essex essex

mrrrrwwwwmamrrrrrrwmamrrrrrrrw
mrrrrwwwwmamrrrrrrwmamrrrrrrrw
maawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

turn the garden cities into cities. or rename them. and middlesbrough

This fell on its arse a bit didnā€™t it

Taunton, as itā€™s the county town of Somerset, and must be one of the few county towns that isnā€™t a city. International cricket has been played there.

1 Like

My mum has bought up the new A14 in almost every phone call weā€™ve had for the past 2 or 3 years, she loves it

3 Likes

What does she love about it? For me itā€™s the access to the M1 and the M6, and the ability to go straight to Folkestone from Kettering, should the situation ever arise.

1 Like