Vote for Top 5 - Up to 5 of your favourite Music acts from Norway. Go!
Mine would be…
- Susanne Sundfør
- Kings of Convenience
- Jenny Hval
Who do you want next?
- South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland
- Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago
All my points to Jenny Hval please.
- Jenny Hval
- Arne Nordheim
- Maja Ratkje
Now Weve Got Members
4 Ane Brun
5 Sondre Lerche
Some of my favourite bands are Danish but I can’t think of any from Norway
Wolves Like Us
These little ø things are so cool
Found out that Mø is not from Norway and Sigrid is
Right, I’ve got rid of the list, turns out fucking loads more from Norway I hadn’t realised, will have to put some thought in and do it later.
Black metal fans will have a field day here.
Forgot about all those!
- Jaga Jazzist
Sorry Bel Canto! Edited to add Motorpsycho.
- Motorpsycho: They’re very much capable of cheese but are responsible for some of my favourite, wide-ranging rock albums. I find a lot of prog-rock a bit too try-hard but Little Lucid Moments is a masterpiece - Sprawling epics with no bollocksy jarring tempo changes.
- Kings of Convenience: Although their remix album is probably my favourite of theirs.
- Biosphere: Adding him almost entirely for Substrata.
- Nils Økland: I’m a sucker for the sound of a Hardanger fiddle. Monograph is near-ambient levels of evocative, minimalist folk music.
- I’m stumped trying to come up with a fifth. I’ve come across lots of really nice sounding female-led minimal synth/electronica artists lately. I should probably listen to them more and pick a favourite.
edit - was not meant to be a reply sorry
Shit, forgot Motorpsycho!
Dunno… Skatebård maybe?
Does no one else like Spielbergs then?
A great one from each release: