✋ vs🤚

THE KIER STARMER STORY

3 Likes

police use it out of context to signal their support for the far right, it’s so disgusting

Is this a bad symbol? @discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Very doubtful

Oh good

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

I don’t understand all this modern shit. I thought sliding into my DM’s was someone else very easily putting on my boots till recently.

1 Like

apparently netflix and chill means sex and not actually just chilling out and watching tv!

1 Like

SEX!!!

2 Likes

i’m screaming! fam you’re gonna be so shook!

^this
Like the single ladies hand dance

woah (uh oh woah uh oh uh oh woah uh oh :ring: )

I don’t understand.

think it means you’re totally addicted to bass

1 Like

I only discovered the distinction a couple of days ago when one of my D&D guys did ‘love you’ on my (admittedly hilarious) Discord post and it said so when I briefly hovered. But we then established he’d intended rock horns.

Weird how in the post and topic listing it’s like this
but if I edit I get

:raised_back_of_hand: = : raised_back_of_hand: <-- on my Google Gboard keyboard I’m definitely seeing it as the back of the hand not the front as you have in post 1.
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: = : raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
:raised_hand: = : raised_hand:

And looking here:

it’s clear that for some baffling reason Samsung have decided to show it the other way round.
1 Like

It was a hover-over that made me realise too. Until that poll upthread, I had assumed I was in the minority not knowing this, but if DiS is representative of the more general population, then that’s clearly not the case.

1 Like