Wackiness

Is this about my copper floor lamp?

The only light that should ever judge/be judged is the light of the Lord.

Yeah, used to find them really annoying but now that the old fascism has emboldened the “I speak my mind, me” lot I think the Scooby Doo Tie brigade are much lower on the shitlist than they used to be.

3 Likes

There did seem to be phase 5 to 6 years ago where the teenagers were describing everything as ‘random’ it drove me mad

1 Like

Would you be happy is you were described as whacky? ‘Oh that Balonz is coming round later, he’s a whacky character you never know what your going to get’

being wacky is pretty Tory

Depends who it was. Say if it was @xylo I would punch his nuts off but if it was Susan Sarandon I would be pleased.

2 Likes

I think that car racing is the only thing improved by being more wacky

2 Likes

I thought Susan Sarandon was quite a ‘random’ choice too.

2 Likes

the problem with people that are wacky and random and silly out of nowhere is that they are implying that life is just a big old game and everyone else should lighten up, they’re having fun so why shouldn’t everyone else be?

There’s a big difference between this and entering into some mutual temporary fun with people you know.

No that’s improved by being more crazy. Much like paving and the world of Arthur brown

2 Likes

Moved teams at work and received an e-mail from one of my new colleagues that said ‘welcome to the mad house lol I mean the pensions team’. There’s literally 8 people in the team and it’s almost exclusively middle-aged men with short-sleeve shirts tucked in to their trousers. There’s not even a dress code.

18 Likes

What if your lover described you as whacky in the bedroom? I don’t think that would be good?

That’s dodgy sounding phrasing xylo

that’s strangely very threatening :grinning:

1 Like

Often wondered if the same people who would say things like ‘I’m mad me’ and be described as ‘proper nutters’ when I was growing up, gradually evolved into ‘bantersauruses’ (or is that different?)

I did the hoovering this morning, it’s just one of those things I’m really OCD about

Still wacky.

2 Likes

Is this intentional irony?