Walk with me...

I can’t find the original thread so here’s a new one for little walks in photos. Facts encouraged…

Ok, my walk around desolate bits of town

Figs in a car park in Ancoats

Gates to a kids charity, just painted by Billy and Tasha Whittle

The old Express building has got some new signage that replicates the old ones.
20190916_123712

Old textile place that’s still full of mannequins and sewing machines even though it has no windows

Original sign from an old railway line that closed decades ago

Roadside feverfew
20190917_103752

Never seen this before, like it a lot, probably connected to former railway too

This pillars supported a bridge over to the railway, but the top part has been removed
20190917_105548

And there’s the old line before it ends in the middle of a housing estate
20190917_105824

Door in the Irk

EDIT: Bonus city centre cauliflower

43 Likes

These are all lovely!

I walk around town a fair bit, but the only pictures I take are vaguely amusing shop signs or something I can use to make a silly, but obviously great, joke.

Must try harder.

2 Likes

I take about 40 photos a day, my google photos will probably be quite interesting in a few decades, certainly exhaustive for historians and all that. Access to that account is probably the only thing I have worth leaving to someone in my will.

5 Likes

(Once I’ve removed all the nudes)

11 Likes

big fan of all the railway shit. big fan of most railway shit tbf, dad is a total trainspotter without the actual spotting trains part

drove through Richmond Park yesterday, really should pop down there more often given how close it is as it’s ace. big fan of all the deer :deer:

1 Like

The plan was for my tour to go there but it’s just a bit too far from the rest of the decay I have to show off (it’s near New Allen Street in Collyhurst btw - there’s a communal estate dog called Jasper who usually follows me for a bit, he’s a GBOD)

@andyvine Jasper…

4 Likes

That last photo is so pretty

1 Like

FENTON!

2 Likes

Was it this one?

All the walks I ever do are in there i think (4 walks, max.)

2 Likes

Yes! Do not remember it being called that.

THIS IS THE NEW VIRTUAL STROLLS THREAD NOW

2 Likes

I was walking on Saturday and saw this lot walking in a line. They’re always mooching about this field. GBOH.

One of them has an eye missing.

7 Likes

My current view on the way home

10 Likes

Oxford tree.

13 Likes

Took this on the ‘village green’ the other day while I was walking the dog

3 Likes

hiya mate :wave:

Wow! Are they ducks on the first one? That’s such ana amazing photo!

Ah crap, was going to show everyone the delights of my journey into Basildon town centre. You guys missed out on some sights.

2 Likes