Warming your plates

eggs

Haven’t discussed this in a while, have we.

Do you warm your plates before serving a meal?

• lol no
  • lol yes

0 voters

Feels like it was last week.

The only food I warm plates for are croissants as they best when they are hot enough to melt the butter straight away and on a cold plate they loose their heat far too quickly.

a lot of time i can’t be bothered warming the food itself you think i’m going to warm the plate

Could strike a happy medium and just warm the pizza scissors.

still absolutely not a thing

No, only after

In the sink, using hot water?

You got it!

can you warm them in a microwave?

Depends. Are your plates mostly made of water?

Classic.

Yes.

well no but no way am i switching the oven on just to keep a ready meal a bit warmer

A friend who’s a chef warms his plates when I’ve been round his place. But it’s enough for me to co-ordinate all the various pans and stuff to manage to warm the plates as well.

This only counts as warming the plate in a microwave if you’re using a first, sacrificial ready meal to warm the plate that you serve the second, actual ready meal on.

im not sacrificing no ready meal

I hope yor happy with yourselves all you plate warmers are adding to global warming, but I suppose its worth for the sensation of not having to touch a cold or tepid plate, yor as bad the globe heads!

Proper pisses me off when mum does it if they get a takeaway in. Never lasts long enough to go cold, and all you do is burn ya fuckin’ fingers

Always, unless it’s a cold meal, obviously

Thanks for getting me irked at people who think it’s too much bother…