Warpaint - Radiate Like This out 6th May 2022

Haven’t actually heard Heads Up. Suppose I should listen to this before any newer stuff, by law.
Loved The Fool but haven’t got properly into any of the albums since. Fantastic live band tho.

Wow i’ve loved both the new songs on first listen.

I’ve never been that bothered by them on record, but they have been great both times I’ve seen them live :+1:

1 Like
2 Likes

Seeing them at Rough Trade East tonight, hope it’s not an acoustic thing.

A great compact set, I was delighted when they opened with Stars. We got a bit from everything apart from Heads Up. They played all the new singles, Champion and Stevie sounded excellent. We also got Melting from the new album, a lovely guitar only track with all four singing.

The band were in great form and spirits. Emily’s little kid was peeking over the balcony. Stella’s drumming has reached outrageous levels. Quite tempted to see them again in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Fun evening. I posted my review of the gig in the Last night’s gig was thread. I don’t know the band’s output too well to say I’m a fan but it was a great set.

Bollocks. I was tempted for their “proper” gig after tonight but I’m working. Working sucks…but pays for gigs.

2 Likes

Ooh hadn’t even clocked they were touring … Glasgow on the 13th is really tempting, but I’ll be going back for Charli xcx on the 15th and not sure I Cba with both … we’ll see

New album sounds very nice so far. They’ve reached peak chill. Nothing earth moving, but a lovely soundtrack to a doze in a sunny park.

2 Likes

Absolutely loving this new album. Think it’s their most consistent to date, and peak chill as @ricardomotorbike says.
Gutted I didn’t get to see them on this tour, as they’re one of the best live bands around.

5 Likes

Yeah this is going to sound great at festivals.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree with this more. One of my favourite albums of the year so far. It’s like they’ve finally released a record that lives up to how great they are live.

I’m going to see them tonight in Bexhill. Very excited.

1 Like

Send Nudes is a very fun end to the album, have the hook stuck in my head constantly

They were great the one time I saw them, so they’re near the top of the pile for Prima now

1 Like

Yep, liking it more and more each time I listen to it. There’s just so many great moments and little production details in the songs. Jenny’s bass and Stella’s drumming are an absolute joy under those lovely vocals.

That ending run of Altar-Melting-Send Nudes is brilliant.

1 Like

New album sort of passed me by on first listen but on second hearing it sounded great. Really works as an album - to listen all the way through. Great on headphones.

1 Like

God they are good. You’ve got to be really tight in order to be this loose. Those grooves! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

‘Melting’ easily one of my favourite songs of the year.

1 Like

Yeah, I think if I’d been in the room at the time of this performance I’d have ended up balling my eyes out.

Just stuck this on :ok_hand:

Hard to Tell You makes me think of Pure Shores by All Saints :smiley: