Was/Am I the Arsehole Here (polls)

a thread for all our colleagues on dis to judge on whether or not the thing that keeps you up at night makes you the arsehole or not.

why is the topic closing a day after the last reply?!

2 Likes

topic the Arsehole Here

6 Likes

You set it up like that I guess? I’ve turned it off though

• topic the Arsehole Here
  • profk the Arsehole Here
0 voters

anyway:

on a stag weekend, staying in a very nice hostel in the centre of town. first to check in as I’m flying from another country so chuck my stuff in the bunk I like the look of and that’s that.

we go out partying and one of the lads (know him and shared pints with him but is a definie mate of a mate type guy) comes back to the facility before me, drunk, and throws my stuff into the middle of the room and is asleep in the bunk that I secured earlier.

I wake the guy up and tell him to find another bed. He thinks I’m joking and I’m like ‘I’m serious dude, move it’. Was definiteñy quite aggressive tbh. He takes about 5 minutes to get out of bed and move somewhere else, and I have the bed I wanted. I don’t ask him to collect all my stuff he’s chucked in the middle of the room - do it myself.

• you’re the arsehole
  • you were correct
0 voters

feel like a fucking malcolm almost a year on.

should have just let it go, but there was 2 more full nights to be had.

I’m guessing it’s a definite ‘no’ to more nuanced poll options?

Did you talk to the guy afterwards? Did he explain why he did it, or apologise for doing it, double down or something else?

Technically correct. If I was someone else getting back at the same time wanting to sleep I’d be annoyed at both of you in equal measure

7 Likes

I don’t think I’d want to sleep in a bed that wasn’t fresh, so I’d probably have just picked a different bunk and made a comment about it in the morning instead, probably.

I think he’s definitely an arsehole for chucking your stuff on the floor though.

18 Likes

YWBTABHWTBA

(You were both the arseholes but he was the bigger arsehole)

19 Likes

I think we should also have the NAH (No Arseholes Here) and ESH (Everyone Suck Here) option in the polls too.

5 Likes

Yeah but at least prof was comically aggressive so he wins on points

4 Likes

*TABABPKWALCASHWOP

1 Like

This is exactly the sort of tant I’d have pulled back when I’d have had the energy

I’d like to understand why you wanted this particular bunk and didn’t want any of the others before committing

6 Likes

Transformers bedsheets

13 Likes

Cos he’s an arsehole obvs

3 Likes