Was on a date with a Spanish chick the other night and she was talking about the inconsistencies within the English language

She used the example that you pronounced “John Grant” like “Ant” with an emphasis, but “Immigrant” without the emphasis.

I said you can pronounced John Grant without the emphasis. No-ones going to care.

Oh an before anyone calls me out on “Spanish chick”, she has moved over here from Madrid.

1 Like

Oh and before anyone calls me out on “an”, that was a typo.

1 Like

The century is in sight Jordo

Was on a date with a Spanish chick the other night and she was talking about the inconsistencies within the English language
She used the example that you pronounced “John Grant” like “Ant” with an emphasis, but “Immigrant” without the emphasis.
And I was like…“WHATEVER!”
COS THIS IS MY UNITED STATES OF WHATEVERRRR

25 Likes

I’ve never heard @anon5266188 pronounce John Grant

vocaroo request

People need to study the English language and understand how it developed before they even think of criticising it.

You can pronounce ‘pronounce’ with a D if you like too

Hahahaha!

So, how was the date ?

who cares about the date? Was music was playing over the restaurant speakers?

*What

Who cares about music ?

1 Like

This event did not take place

Wut ?

Like how Spiderman is like “spider man” and, say, Goldman (the surname) is just goldmuhnn

(To paraphrase Friends)

1 Like

knew this was a jordan thread when i saw the format

1 Like

Grant rhymes with aunt not ant.

And regardless I cannot understand what emphasis we’re talking about here. John Grant is just said flat in English.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry that’s what she meant, she was confused that you wouldn’t say “Immi-graunt”

1 Like

Not in Nottingham they aunt

5 Likes