Wash Ednesday

Yo yo yo! Daily thread cos I’m awake. Happy Ash Wednesday, whatever that’s all about. To celebrate it, I was just walking barefoot (to the bathroom). Wot bounce u doin 2day huns xoxoxox

1 Like

You’re so sexy you stunned the site into read only mode, clearly.

3 Likes

Still up writing aren’t I. Home stretch now mind. Not too tired thankfully, think my body is just used to these conditions now.

Hoping to get a last bit of sleep in before properly waking up

Hello

1 Like

Was up with a sad toddler from midnight until 2. Bleurgh.

1 Like

Oh no, sadness gone or are they a sick one?

Dunno, she’s been settled since then. I’m gonna guess it’s a round of teething so maybe some tricky nights ahead…

1 Like

Yo-yo yo’self

Ash wednesday?? I always teach that it’s about reminding ourselves that worldly possessions are temporary. Gratitude and appreciation for friends and family, things you can’t buy etc.

On that note, we are going for a NT walk in the rain…then it’s Indian takeaway I think for dinner.

5 Likes

Just realised I haven’t had a proper meal since Sunday eve :grimacing:

Few things are more temporary in my possession than an Indian takeaway :slight_smile: :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Da fuq, mate?

1 Like

Going to attempt to give R a haircut, he’s currently willing but that is no indication of it actually going well.

Making an egg curry later, that should be… interesting (R’s choice from the recipe book)

Hope you all have nice Wednesdays

1 Like

Been up til six dunno why. Don’t start work for another few hours
Life is dull, this is the most interesting thing I’ve got to say

1 Like

I’ve been slow to realise the thread title is a reference to Ash Wednesday.

Morning @frenchtoast @1101010 @Ruffers @manches @Twinkletoes @slicky @anon89873996 @Joke2000 @Tim776 (Happy Ash Wednesday, Tim Wheeler!) and anyone who posts below :arrow_down:

Not an awful lot to add, really. It’s gloomy but then it’s nice that it’s not so perishingly cold? Probably best that I skip to the :sunny: DAYLIGHT UPDATE! :sunny:

London
:sun_with_face: :crescent_moon: :clock1: :heavy_plus_sign:
07:10 17:19 10:09:24 +3:46
Edinburgh
07:32 17:21 09:48:40 +4:30
King’s Lynn
07:10 17:14 10:04:01 +3:57
Salcombe, Devon
07:22 17:36 10:14:37 +3:35
8 Likes

Can you add Melbourne to your list?

Thanks

Found this terrible Ash Wednesday meme thing

1 Like

Do you really want to see yourself lose time when we’re gaining it?

Also - in Australia, do the clocks go back when ours go forward?

1 Like

Would be marginally amusing if all this time Jesus wanted everyone to wash until Easter and someone just fucked up transcribing a few generations back.

3 Likes

Morning!

I’ve taken today off work since it’s half term. But there’s nothing open and it’s gonna rain all day so who knows what we’re going to do.