Washing up - polls (chat encouraged)

I do all my washing up during paid work time these days, weekends excluded.

2 Likes

Want a poll on the primary washing up implement but not sure on all the options or their formal names

What does ‘free form’ mean? Just willy billy on the worktop?

1 Like

Really hate having washing up piled up all day. Kitchen isn’t big enough to ignore it so you just walk in and are immediately faced with a chore.

Can do dinner stuff in the morning sometimes but it needs to be like the first thing I do. Tbf it does give me a bit of a boost to think I’ve been productive first thing but would rather simply not.

Yes, like there’s no tray keeping yer plates upright or whatnot, no cutlery thingumy, etc

• Sponge (one green scoury side one normal)
  • J-cloth
  • Normal sponge
  • Brush
  • Scourer
  • Brillo pad
  • Dishomatic

0 voters

1 Like

Sponge/scourer combo

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Dishmatic is the thing you put Fairy liquid into the handle and it comes out automatically.

3 Likes

Spongehouser got there first, it seems.

1 Like

Often wash things during the cooking phase when the opportunity arises, but the second food hits plate, nope

3 Likes

Separate cleaning implements for crockery and glassware

• Y
  • N

0 voters

Just use the dishwasher

9 Likes

DEPENDS

One sponge/scourer thing for dishes, one for glasses. When the dishes one is knackered then the glasses one gets moved across to dishes and a new glasses one is cracked open.

1 Like

We have separate scrubby devices for the cat food bowls and human food bowls

1 Like

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

After lunch and in the evening. There’s not usually enough stuff to justify doing it after breakfast (except for the rare occasions I do a cooked breakfast at the weekend)

J cloth for stuff that’s not very dirty, sponge/scourer for the rest

1 Like

Clean sponge on the glassware first then go to town on the crockery in order of least to most dirty for me.

Food bits aren’t getting near the sink in the first place, they’re getting eaten.

1 Like