Watchmen HBO

Can’t be worse than the film I guess.

Tic toc

2 Likes

I hope there’s a really uncomfortable and very long sex scene set to Leonard Cohen for some reason.

7 Likes

really bored of superheroes

8 Likes

I like the film and think it does a decent job of adapting relatively difficult source material.

The sex scene is meant to be funny and I will die on this hill.

7 Likes

The film was yet another reminder that you should never trust a character played by Matthew Goode

I am almost certainly going to love this. The Leftovers has set a very high bar for Lindelof. Also Regina King is a force of nature.

6 Likes

Tbh I can see the reasons some people are opposed to this, but also - Damon Lidelof gets a free pass for The Leftovers as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

The film is my favourite graphic novel adaptation. Very excited.

Can imagine Alan Moore is too.

3 Likes

Not read the comic, hated the film.

1 Like

Liked the comic, liked the film. Hope to like this

9 Likes

I completely agree with you

Honestly think the film is decent and does not take itself nearly as seriously as people think it does

2 Likes

fuck I am so up for this

1 Like

Looks like it’s not a straight adaptation of the comics, a good thing i think

Yeah Lindelof wrote this last year about it

4 Likes

realising the film is 10 years old makes me feel really old

even though i don’t really remember anything about it at all

it facilitated My Chemical Romance butchering one of the greatest songs ever written though and for that it must pay

I’m not sure…I think the stick Snyder get is completely justified to be honest. Sure 300, wasn’t great but I was really excited to see Watchmen and went on the day it was released and did not like. Not because of the changes as I wasn’t a massive Alan Moore nerd at the time or anything, just thought it was shit. Based on interviews about other projects Snyder has done it’s hard to imagine that he has a sense of humour at all. It could all be a ‘bit’ on his part I guess but he does just come across as a bit of a hack.

Me too. In fact I’ve had this feeling for 10 years.

1 Like

Love the Watchmen movie with a burning passion. Current hype level = hyyyyyyyyype

3 Likes

My favourite thing about the film was Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach.
Looking forward to this because it’s HBO but not sure they’ll be able to top that casting. Would love it if they did though of course.

Yeah, Watchmen.

3 Likes