Wayfaring

Yeah it’s a balance isn’t it, the idea is brilliant, the actual fact of sleeping on the floor and weeing outside less so…

There’s a follow up to that book just been published, not quite as engaging but a decent read nonetheless.

No but yesterday I was trying to work out how long it’d take me to do the South West Coast path with a 4 year old. Forever is the answer. Will just have to wait until I can send her away for 30 days, maybe I’ll be lucky and she’ll get sent to jail when she’s 16.

2 Likes

Did Bournemouth to Exeter on the South West Coast Path after my A levels with full camping gear. One of the best things I’ve ever done but a young person’s game.

Did the Inca Trail in Peru.

Most recently Hadrian’s Wall eastbound in B&Bs and Youth Hostels with a bag courier to move our stuff every day. That was good, although the weather was grim. A bit surreal walking into Carlisle on a Saturday evening just as everyone was going out on the lash.

Fancy the Coast to Coast but it’s a big time commitment.

Robert McFarlane’s Old Ways is a good read about ancient paths and routes.

1 Like

Speaking of Old Ways, they’ve rediscovered a path from Southampton to Canterbury

1 Like

There’s a dispute over this! The link in the OP is the guy who claims he rediscovered this walk, but was then kicked out of the BPT.

Wayfaring beeves are the best beeves

1 Like

He literally includes instructions for staff fighting here:

Could end very badly

Would love to recreate some of the walks from “A Time of Gifts”.

Best book I’ve ever read

1 Like

That book looks like a great read! I’ll be adding it to my ‘to read’ list.

1 Like

Today I’m on a short ten mile walk on the North Downs Way.

Not a bad view (excluding the M25).

This thread inspired me to get out and about again.

4 Likes

Just got an e-mail about this-