Ways to improve Microsoft Excel

A button to overwrite the formula in a cell (or cells) with the value that that formula has calculated

Paste values… Or break links if calculated from other workbooks.

1 Like

Excel is better when it tells you the current mood of your starting 11

better performance with massive sheets
less weird cell formatting issues
other than that it’s a perfect piece of software

Better explanations for when macros go wrong

vba is shit but i’m not counting that as excel

1 Like

It’s all about auto chess these days m9.

i can imagine alistair stewart voicing a WHEN MACROS GO WRONG dvd

2 Likes

VBA is an essential part of maximising laziness in excel

"THIS chancer thought he could avoid having to change the formatting by using a do until loop. Little did he know, "

God I’m bored of it already.

1 Like

You’re living in the past, maaaaaaaan. There’s that Heroes of Might and Magic game that’s an autochess Battle Royale now.

When you want to make a pivot table on the same sheet you’re working on it would be great if you could just click on the “Location” button rather than having to check the radio button for “Existing Worksheet” and then select the “Location” button.

The cumulative time I have wasted through this is the principal reason why I haven’t found the cure for cancer.

Replace Clippy with Isabelle.

Also add some Squirtles.

1 Like

Automatically fix the array on lookups. You’ll do it from a separate workbook but not the same. Why?

1 Like

Seconded. Particularly annoying when you’re working on a laptop where you need to press a “fn” key to access function keys.

This is in the pile of things I refuse to believe are actually things.

I’ve spent all of yesterday afternoon and most of this morning trying to make a spreadsheet with a lot of data and calculations and 99% of that time has been spent waiting for excel to calculate stuff (currently on 69% - nice). So I feel it would be improved by being faster.

I’m thinking of installing the mobile version.

why isn’t there an excel but it’s spread across multiple nodes like a big data cluster? or is there…?