Web3

Wwweeebbb

1 Like

All the new iterations of the Internet have been totally shit and have ruined it slightly more each time.

2 Likes

I’ve not even seen Charlotte’s Web 2 yet

1 Like

I remember the Geocities of my childhood

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

web 1.0 - before roberto baggio’s magical kicks
web 2.0 - after roberto baggio’s magical kicks
web3 - doesn’t exist

2 Likes

I got as far as

DO YOU EVER find yourself wondering, “What is Web3?”

and realised the answer was no.

1 Like

I can see how Web3 would really appeal to anarcho-capitalist types and my feelings on them are best summed up by the fact that I enjoyed this story

7 Likes

It’s just tech bros monopolising property and basic utilities, moving them online for a premium and making up scarcity if it doesn’t exist. It’s going to end in tears for them.

3 Likes

This sounds too good to be true :smiley:

4 Likes

Remember now I saw a Twitter thread yesterday I didn’t quite understand which was talking about replacing unions with decentralised workers groups online via the blockchain or some shit. It looked highly sus.

it’s about time we decentralised… the trade union movement…

1 Like

“This isn’t about sending money per se, but it’s about sending things that are or can be credibly rare, or credibly difficult, or credibly expensive in some way. So we can imagine, for example, dating apps where you can send virtual flowers, but we can only send one bunch of virtual flowers per day, regardless of how much you pay. And one could imagine, therefore, that sending a bunch of flowers every day to the same person is a very strong signal that they’re into you. And this is a signal that you can’t game—that’s the whole point. You can’t pay to send more flowers.”

Exit Strategy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

7 Likes

:slight_smile: I was gonna say Robert baggio’'s free kick game better still work on it

1 Like

I have no idea how I can find it, it wasn’t someone I follow, but it was absolutely wild, I mean that was basically the gist.

I like old Webs, like Web3

1 Like

I found it!

Interesting post from interesting thread