Websites that are really badly designed/bad to use relative to popularity

Only thing I wish Netflix would do is have films auto remove from your list when you’ve watched them. Maybe it’s already possible somehow

1 Like

i think there are design flaws with the nested comments that lend to sometimes shitty discussion, but personally, I really hate websites with big images and ‘disordered’ homepages. I like that I can see about 10 headlines stacked on top of each other on my homepage, and I also like the lack of bloat on there.

LinkedIn is appalling

Every local newspaper website

3 Likes

I don’t get why they haven’t curated it at all. There’s loads of stuff hidden away. Hate having to think for myself.

or any other newspaper site where 2/3 of the page is taken up with trying to load a video that you don’t want to watch

5 Likes

I find the new design Facebook event pages hard to read

1 Like

any news website that autoplays a video is blacklisted, personally.

5 Likes

I think I used to have an extension that stopped them, but it stopped working :frowning:

Metro

Piratebay is/was really terrible.

1 Like

Almost any newspaper site except tbf the Guardian

2 Likes

New facebook is a performance art project in terrible web design surely

2 Likes

I think with things like ebay and facebook, they’re really resistant to changing in part due to their older, gammony user base.

1 Like

The upvote function absolutely sucks and retrospectively ruins any good things about the site

1 Like

yeah, its a major flaw, no doubt.

1 Like

when you realize that a lot of the major ‘homepage’ subreddits like news are basically curated by a group of power users, and manipulated by reddit admins, you realize how shit it is.

still good for smaller niche interests though.

I reckon the Gawker/Gizmodo sites are the worst. The no of ads on them now are frankly a parody.

1 Like

Like ol gizzy maxwell

3 Likes

oh yeah, forgot to check maxwellhill for a bit. hold on

still not posted.

1 Like