Websites you have loved and lost

Deadspin has basically gone, with all of its writers resigning in protest at bullshit firings and terrible management from a bunch of private equity goons. Outside of DiS it was the site I read the most, it was consistently funny, irreverent, and thoughtful, and I’m going to miss it.

What sites do you mourn?

2 Likes

I was absolutely gutted when Grantland closed - long live the Ringer but I still miss Rembert, Molly, Barnwell etc.

1 Like

Yeah, Ringer is decent but doesn’t quite recapture what Grantland had (maybe that mainly was Barnwell) and has so much shit I don’t care about.

The endless quality podcasts/stupid content series like NBA Desktop and Slow News Day definitely make up for it but the writing isn’t the same for sure.

nme boards (rip)

1 Like

Over fifteen years ago I was deep into the rollercoaster simulation game community, and made 3D rollercoasters in a game called No Limits. I uploaded on there all the time and even won Gold awards for best of the week and stuff.

And then one night it died. It never came back.

4 Likes

Red issue was a vile free for all but I loved it on there.

cookieclicker

It has gone… hasn’t it?

3 Likes

this is very sad

सølγ שаябlɛş

Absolutely mental that place. The wild west of the internet.

2 Likes

Cokemachineglow

4 Likes

never heard of it til this week. can someone tell me some stuff about it pls

i miss hipster runoff, but i am an idiot

1 Like

American sports site, an offshoot of Gawker and written in the same vein, quite aggressive, very funny, often explicitly leftwing, occasionally got into trouble.

2013!

1 Like

Popex
Popbitch*
TVgohome

* think this one still exists

The forums? Still there aren’t they, reissued rather than Red Issue.

Full of old, angry tories. This place is much nicer.

ah thats why ive not heard of it

Reissued is a disgrace.
The original red issue forums were genuinely hilarious at times. Made some irl mates on there

i thought it was meatspin

4 Likes