Websites you have loved and lost

Weezer dot com forward slash bboard

Agreed. Some funny lads on there at times. The new place is horrid

1 Like

all of those music blogs that posted tons of shit frequently with download links… impossible to even concieve of now…

8 Likes

I end up trying to hunt these down when I buy a record that doesn’t have a download code in it

1 Like

maybe…

http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

drownedinsound.com

Wondered what you had posted in here

Never used it. I’m IP banned from Redcafe now.

Deadspin and Splinter, both gone in the last month. Takes the number of websites I visit regularly down to a healthy 4.

2 Likes

Fred Tissue is decent

punk planet dot com

The first music forum I ever got involved with, affiliated with the excellent and also deceased magazine of the same name. Hard left politics, lots of brilliant DIY music, plenty of silliness and a long running discussion on which brands of cough medicine were best for getting you high (turns out they’re all a bit rubbish).

Playlouder.com was OK. Wasn’t it?

Just checked. Someone else has it now.

It was like quietus but less super-earnest and self-serious.

Oink and What

Ultraculture
Videogum

Stylus Magazine </3

5 Likes

From memory, didn’t you attribute an Alex Ferguson quote to Marilyn Monroe? Or maybe the other way around :smiley:

It was until everyone went alt right.

I set up a Geocities account with Ben and Squeak from the old NME boards. This was back in 1999 I think. Feel like Stuart Maconie just typing this.

2 Likes

Kerrang Forum although on reflection reckon it’d be full of alt right edgelords now (and probably always was).

2 Likes

It’s only now I realised the link between some of the ‘edgy’ posters on the Weezer message board and the types you’d find on 4chan.