Wedding music

Hi. I think this is social rather than music.

I’m getting married three weeks tomorrow (fuck!). No band or anything, just two Spotify playlists – one for daytime background, one for evening dance times.

What would be my best option for a device to play the music? I’ve hired a speaker with the following inputs:

Don’t really want to take my laptop, but I can if I need to. We haven’t got an iPad or similar, and neither of us want to use our phones. I’m thinking maybe I could buy an old iPod Touch or something with an aux out that we can download the playlist to and just leave going.

Any improvements on that? Don’t want to spend too much as I’m already broke, but at the same time I want it to work and be reliable. Something that won’t run out of battery, so maybe something that can be plugged in at the same time as having a lead out.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

dunno

4 Likes

Would probably just do a laptop tbh - if not your own, is there a close family member or someone in the wedding party who could let you borrow it for the day?

I’m a big fan of playlists over a DJ or full band, hope you’ve got it stocked with bangers (the cheesier the better)

2 Likes

Oh, it’s going to be great. I’ve been told no black midi which is probably fair enough but anything else goes.

This is what I did for my wedding and it worked great. I took my laptop and and iPod touch just in case, with the playlist downloaded locally on both in case the venue’s WiFi crapped out.

1 Like

This has reminded me of what’s possibly my favourite NewDiS post

(Congratulations to you and the soon-to-be Mr or Mrs Mistersteve)

5 Likes

Yeah an iPod touch would work, but equally so would any old phone as long as it’s capable of running Spotify / your preferred streaming service and has a headphone jack, which gives you way more choice if you’re on a budget.

1 Like

An old phone might be a good shout – I’ve got a few knocking about. It’s just occurred to me that anything I plug in would probably have to be PAT tested, so battery might be the only option.

Phone but on airplane mode so it’s more like a mp3 player?

4 Likes

got any sparky mates with some stickers!?

I know you said you don’t want to use your phone

But we just used our phones.

1 Like