Wedding ring question (you don’t need to be married to answer)

Fair, sorry - I didn’t mean to jump on you.

thank you for noticing me

1 Like

Don’t see the point of forking out for an expensive wedding band if you’re not going to wear it.

4 Likes

For the purposes of the thread, person A’s ring is worth about 15% more than person B’s but they’re both worth north of £2.5k

There is no additional sentimental or heirloom value in either ring

i basically have two rings y’see.

because i had one on as an engagement ring. and then swapped out for a different coloured one on the day…

so now there’s this ring just sat there.

Yeah A is being shady if they

This def feels the most comprehensive right answer

well, we have both have two - one for the wedding in aberdeen (legal bit) and the ceremony in canada. the first one was a £25 shitter from a tourist shop, and TVs broke a few years ago and I replaced it as a christmas gift a few years back. mine broke a few months back, so i carry it in my wallet and i hope to replace it soon.

the canada ones still raring to go

2 Likes

Yeah I have this view on all pricey clothes

1 Like

yep. tbh even ‘i prefer not wearing one, and i’ve done so out of traditionalism but don’t feel the need to now’ is… as believable and solid as ‘it’s too expensive to ever wear it’

5 Likes

yeah i think also part of the issue is how wrapped up marriage traditionalism is with i.e. women feeling owned by the process etc - the symbolism is very definitely different between male and female wearers. one of the reasons i wore an engagement ring in fact

1 Like

I do!!!

4 Likes

my dad and my brother don’t wear their wedding rings because they do a lot of manual work

1 Like

In the actual real life example that this is based on, both partners are women

Does that change anything?

I don’t wear mine because I don’t like jewellery. I have worn it once since we got married and that was on the wedding re-enactment we did earlier this year for The Child.

Wor Lass wears hers almost all day every day. I think I would be worried if she stopped doing that suddenly.

1 Like

*Crimewatch

3 Likes

i don’t think it does… because it’s a slightly personal thing about how you feel about the way you are perceived on a personal level by the rest of the world wrt to a sense of being ‘owned’. so A might care a lot, B not so much, but now B is thinking ‘actually yeah’

Freaks me out that people wear rings, what if your hand swells up and you can never get it off? Super anxiety inducing.

1 Like

Jimbo refers to me and the OH’s civil partnership as “our” wedding and thinks that the three of us were involved in the life long bonding ceremony

12 Likes