Wednesday (2017-08-30) Crating Your Stuff Off For Australia Thread

Nothing. But I’m not one. So I like a range of temperatures. :smiley:

1 Like

That said, those big Goannas are pretty grim looking.

I’ll be in a 4WD in the outback from Sept 10-30 reliving Wolf Creek.

I would love to meet you Theo. To be frank, who wouldn’t?

If you would like to watch a terrible stand up comedian, I’ll be at Heya Bar Wed October 4th night (best comedy night in Brisbane) and doing Knockoff at the Powerhouse on October 6th. If you come along to either of those then I promise to do my bit on My Vitriol.

3 Likes

The dishwasher’s broken, there’s a bird or something stuck in my chimney, and I had to go an emergency petrol station poo on the way to work.

Fuck off whatever day this is.

1 Like

Morning all

Best o luck @Theo, throw another shrimp on the barbie etc etc

4 Likes

I saw a goanna! Majestic motherfucker! Basically a little dinosaur.

1 Like

When I moved back from Australia, I used the cheapest shipping company I could find who promptly lost my crate in transit. It eventually turned up in the UK nine months later by which time i had emotionally moved on. It’s weird opening a box of stuff that you’ve given up on - it really did just look like a pile of someone else’s junk. Most of it was straight down the chazzer.

Anyway, I’d wager you’re using a far better organisation than I did. Good luck cobber…

lol so true bbz xx :joy:

7 Likes

Hullo. Back in the office, today’s a bit of a climb down after the bank holiday excesses. I don’t really want to post any wedding pictures here but it was my 2 year anniversary yesterday :bride_with_veil: :man_in_tuxedo:

So very hungover. Check out this hipster cinema we went to:

5 Likes

something really sinister about this being beside the security camera

2 Likes

Are we going to do some Patron XO before you leave or what???

I was woken at about 4.45am by 5+ police cars / vans / undercover ones all going up our road. Then I heard shouting and screaming about 10 doors up. After about 15 minutes they’d all left. Fuck knows what that was about, no trace of anything going down this morning, can’t find anything on Twitter or whatever.

Went to the St John bakery pop up before work this morning so had a lovely Danish. Mmmm mmmm.

1 Like

Congratwolations
How did you celebrate (keep it clean, aye)?

I have work this afternoon but I am fucking dreading it. BASICALLY: I had a disastrous “appraisal” sprung upon me yesterday where 1 minute at the start was spent discussing my strengths (most of which I’d offered up when he asked me how I thought I was doing), then half an hour was spent going through negatives. Wasn’t at all prepared for it; I didn’t even know they did appraisals?? I bawled so hard that my manager had to go and get another colleague to come and be my emotional support, but I was still weeping for like an hour afterwards. So fucking embarrassing. Managed to force myself to go back into work after lunch but can’t bring myself to make eye contact with most of my colleagues because now I don’t trust them.

I put in loads of extra hours I didn’t want to do last week to not let down my team/the store and this is how they repay me, the prime motivator for the ‘appraisal’ seemingly being my poor performance on Saturday when I was put in a department I know nothing about at the end of a hectic 6 day week… when I had made it extremely clear throughout the week that I wasn’t comfortable with that. They chose to ignore me because they didn’t want the 17 y/o summer girl in a department she knows more about than me!

I fucking despise my job and the incompetent management (why the FUCK would you do an appraisal like that during the busiest time of the year???). At least I’m going on holiday next Saturday. If anyone can help me get less shit employment then that would be really nice x

I thought that too. Really good coffee here but the bloke makes the same awkward banter whenever i come in.

alternatively @1101010 is there any room in yr suitcases for me to stow away in? I mean, Australia really just sounds like a country-sized version of Margate but at least I’d get a tan.

6 Likes

I seem to have an intense work day which ends with me giving a presentation, not one I created, to I don’t know how many people. Could be anything from 5 - 20.
I probably should not have woken up at 5:30am.

good morning. I am not crating my stuff off to australia but I am eating some porridge

so… idk

Thanks my man!

We just pottered about London pretty much, went to the Photographer’s Gallery in the morning for the Gregory Crewdson exhibit (would highly recommend), lunch at the Royal Exchange (thanks to @plasticniki), nipped over to the Barbican for the sci-fi exhibit (actually pretty shit and full of complete nerds) then rounded it off with the most maudlin of films, A Ghost Story, at ‘The Institute of Light’ (ffs Hackney).

1 Like

bleurgh

:man_facepalming:

1 Like