Wednesday (2017-08-30) Crating Your Stuff Off For Australia Thread

This sounds awful. I’m pretty sure appraisals shouldn’t be sprung on you like that - the whole point of them is that it’s a bloody two-way thing FFS! Also an appraisal shouldn’t be used to tell you off / approach you about any “poor” performance. Urgh.

Sounds like a load of wank. Any HR department you can talk to?

Hugs to you pervo.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need the packing skills of @eems to help you out.

Every animal is beautiful in its own way

That sounds really out of line. Appraisals shouldn’t be a reactionary thing used to criticise you, that is pretty much bullying. I have a lot of sympathy for having to deal with shit management/colleagues in general. I hope it doesn’t make the rest of your week too difficult, at least you have a have a well timed holiday coming up!

2 Likes

I was talking shit about music on a show called High Fidelity on ABC Brisbane earlier. I managed to mention both Future Of The Left and My Vitriol. It goes out at 21:00 on ABC Brisbane Digital tomorrow evening which is 12 noon in The United Kingdom. I also call Sparta ‘functional’ if that’s your bag.

4 Likes

are you famous in Australia now ma0sm???

2 Likes

My parents said the same thing - I’ve never had an appraisal before so I didn’t know any better! I’m upset that any issues couldn’t have been raised at the time so I could modify my behaviour either immediately or in future (like I forgot to change my shoes at work on Saturday and no-one raised it with me… Tuesday was the first I’d heard of it. if someone had mentioned it to me at the time, I could have changed into work-appropriate shoes upstairs!). We don’t really have HR at the store afaik, but even if we did I don’t think anything will change. They’re basically resistant to change :confused: I’m gonna talk to manager tomorrow and flag up a few things like it being a bit unfair to spring it on me and wanting more ongoing feedback, and up the ante on my job hunt. Store will probably go under in the next few years as the minimum wage keeps rising and they choose to demotivate staff rather than encourage them.

Nah, I’m just an exotic foreigner telling tales of the old world

2 Likes

That’s so fucking shit. Just sounds like really shitty management. They sound like total arseholes.

Hope you find something else soon!

3 Likes

Sooo feel worse than last night somehow. Probably take some medicine and try go back to sleep.

Feel a bit bad because my flatmate’s cousin is over from Kenya and has been asking me to do stuff with them all week and I’ve been either busy or ill.

Theo?! I did not know this.I feel kinda emotional even though our relationship will remain unchanged. Good luck!

1 Like

I have the house to myself for the whole afternoon for the first time in what must be years. Will probably just end up sleeping half the time tbh :roll_eyes:

I was partly crying because of depression - it just feels like another kick while I’m down, and the nature of retail means I have to force myself to smile and be preternaturally polite/calm with horrible/difficult customers, which is even more exhausting with MH issues - and he wasn’t aggressive… but it was still completely unbalanced, came out of the blue and did seem to be entirely motivated by one bad day (several colleagues who’ve been there over a year longer than me never have had an appraisal :woman_facepalming:), so yeah, it hurt a lot and felt quite pointed. several of my colleagues were really lovely about it and offered support - if not for that I’d probably have just walked out.

H
E
L
L
O

E
V
E
R
Y
O
N
E
!

:lips:

2 Likes

Enjoy XX? :wink:

1 Like

Today is my last full day in Scotland for I’m not sure how long and that’s making me quite sad. I have some really good friends up here, plus you know, it’s a beautiful place. Shame about the weather mind

2 Likes

Nah, I think we’re okay.

2 Likes

I’m Smeely touched, mate.

All done.

3 Likes

Just found out a dude I have the hots for – and legit thought I was probably going on a date with fairly soon – has a gf. It’s pretty annoying how people who are in relationships don’t seem to understand at all when you’re actually asking them on a date

Can’t wait to get some cats

3 Likes