Wednesday Daily/ To-do List

it’s a nightmare, wc. that’s why if you find one garage you trust you stick with them for life.

there’s a couple of review sites that do garages specifically, don’t know how reliable they are.

Nursery
Bus in
Ghost walk research
Filling in spreadsheets that detract from doing the actual work I"m inputting into them
Meeting about cities
Meeting about content
Pick up dinner
Walk home
Nursery
Bedtime routine
Dinner
Publish article
More spooky research/writing
Shower
Bed

Work, mainly.

Forgot that I’d parked my bike at Cambridge, and got off at :sparkler: Cambridge North :sparkler: , didn’t I.

• Do work
  • Text dad
  • Maybe go for nice beer but also don’t feel good so idk?
  • Cinema maybe but also tired so idk?
  • Tidy up clothes
  • Dinner
  • Watch Veronica Mars
  • Read
  • Bed

Option one but more along the lines of “if I sit in a box junction, i’ll get a ticket”

Some drafting, some reading, and some work on a pitch.
body pump
sushi
sending out documents
train
playing with son
dinner
apprentice
bed

This is how I plan on spending as much of my day as possible.15712164412225076057617997205854

2 Likes

what needs repaired- have they given you a breakdown (pardon the pun) of the work?
The list of things that your car can fail its mOT for is a shorter list than you’d imagine. Ask for more details.

As for whether you can drive away- if your old certificate is still valid then you can only drive away so long as the reason for the fail is NOT a ‘dangerous fail’. Even then, they have no right to take possession of your car (so long as you’ve paid them for the test fee) so you can drive it away an dtake your chances elsewhere with a fresh test.
yOu really need to find out why it has failed/ what the bare minimum would be to have it pass xx

Ol ma Dr Mrs Epimer will be at my house if you need a cup of tea. Knock on any bathroom doors before entering though.

2 Likes

Had an unaccustomed night out last night, and then my human alarm clock went off at half 5, so Wednesday will mainly involve staring into space until I can go to bed. Just spent way too long waiting for the kettle to boil, before realising I hadn’t turned it on…

Had a text message on my work phone from that guy from Elbow

Little bit of both innit (well mainly A of course). Sometimes there’s no reasonable way out of doing this

deffo take it to the other place then

kwik fit are pretty notorious rip off merchants

6 Likes

Work

Headway Analytics Testing or HAT, as I’ve decided to call it.
Data downloads for Freight SRT analysis between Stratford and Ipswich
Make a hiring decision between two candidates
Have lunch
Chase Deloitte for a quote
Junction Margin analysis between Ebbsfleet International and Ramsgate / Dover Priory

Non-Work

Update Hendon website
Write match report for last night’s Hendon match
Write up Supporters Trust board meeting minutes from Monday night
Write 3 x articles for Hendon programme
Update Stats page for Hendon programme
Have dinner
Long soak in the bath

^this! Get it to the other mechanic asap.

3 Likes

that kind of thing absolutely boils my blood “oh okay, we admit we were just trying to fuck you over a minute ago by ripping you off an extra £100… but this time we’re being totally honest. so how about it?”

go and fuck yourselves

6 Likes

Bed tea :ballot_box_with_check:
Do a laundry wash :ballot_box_with_check:
Crossword :pause_button:
Do a self-wash :blue_square:
Make lunch for work :blue_square:
Make dinner for work :blue_square:
Go to work :blue_square:
Be amazing at work and do my very very best :blue_square:
Come home :blue_square:
Go to bed :blue_square:

1 Like

To counter all the nonsense meetings this afternoon I’ve just left the office to sit in my favourite cafe who stock THE chai so I’m already on my second cup, and my research is now involving reading about Inside No 9 and ordering masks of that cholera sufferer from the cover of the Sick Rose book, and emailing some artists in Japan to ask them about drawings of tiger testicles.

MORE DAYS LIKE THIS.

2 Likes

they tend to be more consistent but if you can get a local recommendation for one then go for that, but make sure you tell them you had them recommended so that they;ll be your pal

1 Like

hello

are you going to dress up? can i come?

1 Like