Wednesday Evening: A Thread

Man, the five points IPA does not mess about

Had leftover cherry tomato and goats cheese pasta, it only had one tomato in to for ffs.

Tried to be productive today but 4/5 tasks failed miserably.

Going to catch up on a couple of Rick and Morty episodes, maybe read a bit. Such excitement.

1 Like

Had a braised beef ready meal for tea - Wifeo is on a bit of a salad diet and bought me a load of misery meals for my dinners.

Just installed the new washing machine - nice and straightforward and swearing-free, which was nice - and got a man with a van coming to get the old one in about half an hour. Lovely stuff.

Gonna have a rum and Coke (is Pepsi alright?) and some mini cheddars and find some shit to watch on TV.

You say those options as if they’re mutually exclusive

Masterchef obvs

Had chips and vegan burger for tea, was fine…

Had Vincent in tears at the mention that Origi might be off from Liverpool…just glad we didn’t get his name on the new strip like he has in 16//17 or I’d be crying and all

Off to @Bristol tomorrow, another one of my ill thought out suggestions :rofl:

1 Like

Hey Slicky, do I remember right that you took your family to Anfield last season? If so how easy was it to get tickets?

well the poll’s against me but I’m going to breach DiS protocol and crack one open anyway

1 Like

smh

2 Likes

no regerts

2 Likes

Yep, me and V went to an EFL match where we got tickets through a friend with a season ticket who wasn’t taking up his ones.

As far as I have seen beyond that it is pretty tricky. Unless you can pay for the posh experience thing. Others might be along to say other ways it can be done though! Think @marckee has been?

The tour etc was very good anyway - we did that as family, on a separate weekend the bloke who did it said his son has been on the waiting list for a season ticket and had been since he was born…30 odd years and was at number 4000 or something. My mum had one in the 70s, and used to go every week despite not being able a to see a lot of the time! wish she had held onto it!

Thanks, I’ve been a lot before as I grew up a Liverpool fan but stopped going ten years ago after a very expensive, woeful champions league game. My uncle has just decided (after watching the arsenal match) that it’s on his bucket list to go to Anfield. Ticketing options do not look good, either a small amount of season ticket returns or £260 for a package. He’s happy to pay that, my dad definitely isn’t. Not interested in a cup match either, has to be one of the big teams :rage:

Yeah, if you join as a member which is only £30 you get an allocation but I reckon those are very contested and all.

hey guys can anyone figure out what this youtube comment I just received might mean?

hebert joves
32 minutes ago
what is the affination of the guitar bro? i want to touch this song

“Define affination: the treatment of raw sugar crystals with a heavy syrup to remove the film of adhering molasses.”
(reckon he probably means amp settings/effects0

1 Like

@laelfy

Hello. Yeah, when we go, it’s because of a family member or friend of the family being unable to use their season ticket.

That’s not too much help in this situation, unfortunately, I guess.

As you say, the tour & museum are well worth making time for, if you can get up there early enough in the day.

probably means tuning I guess, it’s an acoustic so…

funny turn of phrase anyway.

God I’m such a child this doesn’t even make sense and I’ve spent the last twenty minutes giggling at it

7 Likes

That is so incredibly odd.

that’s enough musicing for today I think.

What’s the gossip on dis for today?