Wednesday evening

Evening now, post in here

Evening all!

Very frustrating day of unexpected childcare but at least I spent the day doing valuable work as an octopus passing as a human.

I’m going to be watching an excruciating England game after helping The Child tidy her room.

Might be an incredible night to be half Dutch, half Scottish

5 Likes

Evening all :wave:

Logged off early-ish. Made a nice shakshuka for dinner, sorted the lunches for tomorrow, took the girls to Guides and am now just sitting around before picking them up in an hour. Will watch 75+ minutes of the football, might have a Salcombe Brewery™ beer.

1 Like

Ate too much lasagne and now I want to die.

Came home from work, beat a boss on elden ring, watched some nonsense, now M is home and once I’ve got her to bed I’ll be doing a bit of an online course I’ve just signed up to (maybe) and getting my motherflippin’ affairs in order.

1 Like

Evening

Had steak + veg for tea.

Got beer + scratchings to watch the football with shortly.

Currently entertaining the dog until kick off.

Went to Troon to lift my spirits. God, I love the sea.

6 Likes

Is this about football or are you bursting with national pride for some other reason?

Having deep fried waffles for dinner

football

2 Likes

Back home after our Rio flight was cancelled. Trying again tomorrow.

Using ai to write songs about Fig

4 Likes

Bairns have both struggled all day with illness so mostly a hotel room day. Also, got well stung at the pharmacia - bloody hell.

Hoping they both feel better tomorrow and we can get back to more traditional holidaying.

1 Like

It’s no “wicked of eye and fiendish of paw / it’s mighty, magnificent Scarface Claw”

1 Like

Fantastic setting, fantastic pizza.

9 Likes

I was so anxious about accidentally wrecking my phone, I forgot to post about the book club I went to last night! I quite enjoyed it: I realised a book club isn’t quite the shy indie person event as the album clubs I go to (occasionally, I got flashbacks to English Lit seminars at uni and those types who clearly think a lot of how witty they are) but it’s nice that my “first event nerves” isn’t actually quite as intense as it used to be! Looking forward to next month’s - they’re talking about Prophet Song, which I reckon is a book I can definitely string some words together about.

3 Likes

Hyped for the Friday selfie thread because my haircut looks cute

1 Like

quite badly bitten up today