Wednesday is my Monday

Heh, we have saved like absolute mofos for what seems like eternity.

We’re looking around the overground line as well so Catford and Penge have been mentioned. Very, very early stages though.

1 Like

There’s probably about 30 people on my floor at the moment. I haven’t counted but it’s particularly busy this week.

Hip flexor is still giving me major grief so going to hot yoga tonight to stretch it out.

10 years ago today :frowning: :smile: Today Marks Ten Years Since Preston Walked Off Never Mind The Buzzcocks - LADbible

4 Likes

Ah Catford. They’re not that rich then @plasticniki :wink:

which bass are you selling?

Catford isn’t on the Overground (but a short walk to FH / Honor Oak depending on where you are) but there are TWO train stations next to each other and also a million buses. Penge is, but only the trains going to West Croydon go there, not the ones going to Crystal Palace so it can be a bit of a wait for a train at Canada Water (which is a total nightmare in the mornings).

There are fucking loads of lovely roads around Catford (and pretty much everywhere round there) with massive Victorian conversions if that’s your thing, though you’ll pay for it. Or, you can do what we did and get something more affordable which doesn’t look as nice, but is fine.

Gimme a shout if you need any help or whatnot :slight_smile:

Thanks matey, I’m sure I’ll have a lot of questions down the line. From the sounds of this initially I think we’ll aim more towards Forest Hill/Dulwich if we can find something we like. Still trying to get my head around spending that amount of money on a wee 2 bed flat.

Keep looking at my hometown in Lincolnshire where we can buy a 6 bed mansion for the same price…

I’ve got a tester from one of our customers coming in to test an application I developed. I’m going to be stuck in a room with him all day. I’m very nervous.

Yeah… but I feel weirdly calm about it all now-- like, we have no savings left but we have a flat and it’s ours and we don’t have to worry about where we’re living (not that we did before, really) and how much it’ll cost and stuff and yeah, it feels nice. What doesn’t feel as nice is all the problems we know we need to sort out (lack of central heating / stuff the survey picked up on / the fact everything needs redecorating) but I’m sure it will be okay.

Oh my god if you move south you can come on Penge rides!!!

Are there no more kitchen work update pics?

I think that’s it, keep thinking that it’ll be like having the most ridiiculous ISA imaginable.

That’ll be a very short term thing though chief, imagine what it’ll look like when it’s done.

THIS HAS SEALED THE DEAL!!!11

1 Like

Secret option C: none yet.

Going to throw some other things away/give them to the chazzer to justify taking up more space. Might still sell one of them once I see how the new one fits in.

Nah, we didn’t go round last night.

Maybe tonight. I have to go round tomorrow to allow the hob to be delivered anyway.

You’re as bad as my mother!!! She keeps asking every day “what’s the latest???”

But then you’d be in Lincolnshire…

4 Likes

Exactly! And you and I both know how terrible that is! (it’s not that bad, but I don’t particularly fancy moving back to Lincoln).

I gave you guys a photo EVERY DAY.

Every.

Day.

You’re a five minute cycle from the place.

Just 2 in my immediate team as the rest are all out in half/all day meetings/training/holiday. Getting loads of work cleared at the mo though. Scenes.

1 Like

Yeah. I was hoping it would animate but this site’s not quite as good as Twitter. Still, it looked cool so I left it.

4 Likes

At least Lincoln is beautiful in parts and close to Yorkshire. Whereas Bourne… eesh.

Not really – the only red/3 things (we did the middle one, Homebuyers so this means “they need investigating ASAP”) that came back were the electrics / hot water / gas – but, we have paperwork which proves the electrics were all replaced in 2012, the builder who’s currently doing our kitchen has advised on the hot water issue (kind of, but it still needs to be sorted), and the gas only came back as red cos the supply has been capped. They were only red cos the systems are outdated, not cos they’re dangerous.

The other things which were amber (“to be aware of”) are a collapsing wall in the garden and other bits and bobs which we managed to get 2k knocked off the price to address. In reality as these aren’t urgent repairs at all so we will probably not bother addressing them for a while, but the 2k reduction has helped a lot with getting the kitchen sorted (which was basically non-existent). In our case, the leaseholders of the two flats in this freehold are responsible for all repairs to the building. This was how we got the price reduced, as the previous leaseholder (who also happens to own the freehold) didn’t want to do the works.