Wednesday is my Monday

We’re trying to juggle visiting with packing up the old place!!! GODDAMN YOU!

I have one colleague on my team here (3 more at another site).

Plus 7 on the team who we work with.

Plus 6 on the team who also work in this office.

Feeling slightly less bored with everything than I was yesterday which is nice.

1 Like

You don’t know your Bourne!

Any update on the Leeds move pal?

TV is handing in her notice today! We are planning a flat-hunting weekend at start of March, with a view to moving up at the start of May :smiley:

Nervous about shifting our entire lives given we’ve been in London for 7 years, but also psyched to be living so close to amazing climbing areas (and saving loads of money on rent, starting to look to buy an affordable house, etc).

Will need to sort another LME DiS drinks before then!

I did something similar once. I just missed the bus to go to university, I cracked up and threw my bag on the ground. A passer by in a car stopped to ask if he could give me a lift to the next stop to get the bus there, I was totally scundered and couldn’t bring myself to accept it. I put it down to being in final year and really stressed.

1 Like

Wahey! That’s great news! In a way, you’re very much climbing up England makeuthink

Yes we do, yes we do. But don’t forget that marckee is booked up for the next 6 months.

1 Like

Weekdays are a bit easier.

1 Like

#?

3 Likes

is losing 2 stone in a month an unreasonable goal?

I’m trying to up my exercise and get more sleep in the hopes that it will take care of my anxiety and give me more energy to be productive. Not a terrible idea I suppose.

have you seen the terms of the lease yet?

I would just have your goal as “do more exercise” (like, you could say an hour a day?) and forget the “lose ___ stone in ___ months”. But, whatever works for you, Bam!

1 Like

^This

I think generally it’s more constructive to focus on what you want to be able to do rather than what you weigh. e.g. Run x miles in y minutes, crank out z press-ups. The other benefits will quickly follow.

Agree with PN @Bamnan although I guess if you combine loads of exercise with severe calorie counting then it might work? I’m pretty sure that if you use that MyFitnessPal app then you can tell it your target weight and give it a timescale and it’ll tell you what your calorie intake will need to be and give you how much exercise you might need. Pretty sure it will tell you if it thinks it will be physically unhealthy to try it.

yeah I’m using that app sort of sporadically. Need to stick to it every day instead of going “well that packet of crisps doesn’t’ really count so I won’t enter it”

1 Like

A bus-related success story for you:
I was on the bus once and some boys came round a corner on a side road, saw the bus approaching and ran towards the stop. They got there just as the bus left, but there was a bit of traffic and the next stop a few hundred metres away, so they chased the bus right down the road and actually managed to get to the stop just in time

Everyone on the bus was watching and cheering them on and then gave them a round of applause when they got on :tada:

1 Like

And then you stepped up and kicked them back off through the door into the street yelling, “THIS IS SPAAAAAARRRTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHH!”?

2 Likes

The usual crew as I’m in the office today.

Calf muscles are still slightly sore from training on Monday, really need to get back into a proper fitness regime as just doing contact sports is clearly wrecking me.

I’m not working so 0 people. I’ll be working on saturday instead. I predict I will be working with about 5 people then

I hope he got off at the next stop :smiley:

1 Like