Wednesday, isn’t it?

Having worked in cafes for many many years, yes i hate all people who talk excitedly about their weekends (even now as I still work them) but I’d rather someone told me to have a nice day than not. Even though I know it’s meaningless.

6 Likes

This sounds extremely great

2 Likes

I work every Saturday and would definitely still gladly accept any ‘have a nice day/morning/afternoon/evening/weekend’ that are offered!

1 Like

Boss had a shower at 8.15am. It’s on the calendar.

11 Likes

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll be great.

Off to Bristol for work, forgot my work phone so I can’t really do anything until I’m on the train from London to Bristol as there’s no WiFi on Southeastern but also no tables on the TW train usually. My first act as dictator will be to immolate all trains that don’t have tables. I think I’m more of a fan of tables than the average person, I love a proper surface for writing and leaning on. The Bristol train is a 10/10 for me personally on a table and WiFi front.

Very busy day with lots of meetings tomorrow followed by a pub quiz in my hometown, but today is not too hectic. probably going out for drinks with my colleagues.

Quite fancy a burger.

Can someone please tell me why I’m single?

forgot i made some pinhead porridge last night for this morning. what a result.

2 Likes

Midnight tonight is the deadline for a job application I’ve been procrastinating about for days. Does anyone else feel hopelessly inadequate whenever they sit down to write an application? It just makes me feel the most useless human being in the world.

And simultaneously got loads of firefighting to do at work plus the ONS are coming at lunchtime to make me bleed for the common good.

Not a good day.

full fat milk, bit of salt

:yum:

1 Like

Very annoying how the only way I can request getting my prescriptions repeated is by calling the doctor and leaving a voice message, and then half the time they don’t actually process it for some reason so I have to call again the next day

I tend to wait until after they’ve rejected me to feel this.

I’m generally full of confidence when I write and send it.

3 Likes

I just look at it all and think “I’ve wasted my life”

2 Likes

there was an incredibly complicated process i had to follow to renew a parking permit

1. email the council saying you’d like a permit
  2. wait 4-6 weeks
  3. they email you back saying you are allowed to buy one and give you a phone number to call
  4. you phone the number and pay the thing

it’s 2021 get a fucking website

In fairness that isn’t an incredibly complicated process, just an annoyingly and unnecessarily complicated one.

Maybe in Fife accent :wink:

5 Likes

On a work call about the next-gen solution for our BI and data needs. The company we’re partnering with are currently ‘whiteboarding’ the solution using MS Paint :grinning:

8 Likes

I do that sometimes you monster

1 Like

8 Likes