Wednesday, isn't it? I think

Genuinely worried I’ve got something like this in my not too distant future.

The vets around the corner have stopped boarding so trying to find a catsitter who’ll stay for 3 nights next week, whilst trying to warn them how needy and annoying he is without putting them off entirely…Will prove impossible.

alarm at the unit was set off last night so i got the call, fucking 4am this morn on site.
also what the fuck if i get there and there’s a couple of c**nts loading a van having stolen from me?! confront them, ask them politely to put the kit back?!
that industrial estate is pretty scary on yer tod at that time.

The weirdest part is that some participants are actually on our internal network, in the office right now, but in other conference rooms because of max per room rules

I will be able to literally wave to some colleagues through the conference room window while having to speak to them through a laggy app

I :heart: 2021

No, really

1 Like

Ha thats nothing…I’ve been struggling with citrix from about 06:30

1 Like

Smoke detector outside my room decided 4am was a good time to let me know the battery is low. With a beep every minute. Why do these things always happen in the dead on night? Urgh.

Might get out of bed soon and go for a little jog. Played football for the first time in over a year last night so expecting my body to fail me.

If you get desperate then we could probably take him for a couple of days (if he’d be okay with the very slight relocation)

Thank you, I’ve no idea if his little brain would be able to handle the change :see_no_evil: I’ll let you know if I have no luck.

I believe it’s @dots’s second birthday of the year. Happy birthday, chief!
My books order arrived today. Ordered the Walter Benjamin after reading about it in another book, which made it sound fascinating, and didn’t realise it was quite this big. On top of the Meades (disappointingly the intro has a rant about “woke” so I hope that isn’t typical), I think I’ll be OK for reading material for a while.

3 Likes

I was just about to ask about the Benjamin - I spent ages tracking down a copy of this while I was doing my Masters because I’d read a quote in a different book. I remember nothing of it now.

1 Like

How long have you lived in @Lo-Pan’s storage unit?

3 Likes

Morning! Third day off in a row. Sometimes working shifts is good.

A big Saino’s a couple of miles away from me has four (4) big chiller units dedicated to plant-based foodstuff. Everything I’ve tried has been really good so far. Fancy some plantballs tonight. I might be addicted.
So, going to walk there via Tooting Common, listen to the new Godspeed You Black Emperor and ponder my latest episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

got some bollocks zoom meeting this morning for a job i start next week so i’m not even getting paid it for it, which is just awful when you think about it.

also decided i need to start cutting down on coffee again, so i’ve switched to the smaller size cafetiere. what a cruel fate has befallen me.

My copy of Estates got lost moving house and I am so unbelievably sad about it. I’d had it for over a decade.

1 Like

Estates <3

2 Likes

There was a point about two weeks ago where I was drinking about four cups before I started my first class at 9.30 and then making another pot at 10.30 while I had my break.

I couldn’t work out why I was feeling so restless.

1 Like

One of the best books of all time

1 Like

The shower head holder thingy is broken. Guess im the shower head holder now.

Penis phone, anyone?

2 Likes

i’ve let my inbox fill up so now i can’t do anything useful until i clear it out

nice easy task to start the day but god how dull