Wednesday morning CBF 12.6.19

Hello!

I woke up at about half six this morning (MUCH earlier than normal) in order to catch this coach that I am currently on. Have had a really good nap (will probably have another), now eating some chocolate.

Envelopes aside, who in general is the bad person?

• Joke
  • laelfy

0 voters

Stopped doing cards 3-4 years ago and it has been a massive life improvement for me

To think of all the British dress codes I will have violated over the years simply from not knowing about them

2 Likes

Yep, opening first, so it’s easier for the recipient to get out, even if it’s slightly more difficult for you to put in.

2 Likes

and your loved ones?

I am still in the giving presents, being kind to my loved ones and wishing people a happy birthday games, so I don’t think it’s had a notable effect on their lives

Yep, same car. I had a look around to see what else I could get for similar money, and that car was actually a really good deal. Looking at other cars that size, most don’t come in varieties that powerful, and the only other ones that do (VW Up GTI, Fiat 500) mean spending an extra 50%, so it’s a bit of a no brainer.

So farewell trusty Clio, you’ve been great but never been that exciting.

THURSDAY!

I’ll co-sign my partner’s cards for her parents so I don’t have to be dragged back into the card buying scam but also avoid the wrath of my NILMIL

Should be multiple choice :wink:

1 Like

Yeah Twitter, this is definitely the best article to highlight on what would have been Anne Frank’s 90th birthday. ffs.

1 Like

Have fun. If you were planning on a lunch or coffee while in the area I can highly recommend CyCo cafe.

1 Like

Stopped on my way to work because I saw a girl really crying and sat with her for a lil chat. For once in my life I had tissues on me as well, felt good to help even in a tiny way esp when she told me why she was upset and I was like oh lawd I’ve been there, you have every right to be crying in the street pal

13 Likes

Anyway, morning all. Working from home today - any recommendations as to what I should listen to? Comedy answers tolerated. I’ve already ticked off the first item on my to-do list. I have a slight issue in that I buried a password prompt document somewhere in the depths of my C: drive and now I can’t find it. Oh - I’ve just found it, yay.

Nothing else to report. I’ve nearly finished booking all our trains / accommodation for our holidays so that’s fun.

would LOVE to never buy another card ever again

granny would be sad not getting one on her birthday though, eh

There will always be collateral damage in the quest for progress

1 Like

Booked our hotel for our holiday yesterday. It does make a difference having something to look forward to.

1 Like

I have turned over a new leaf

not entirely sure what this will entail yet, but it will be life changing. suggestions welcome

I probably won’t stop today, but it’s only about ten minutes from where I work, so I’ll make a note to pop by some other time when I need to escape the office