Wednesday morning eternal toaster question

If you change the time setting after you’ve pushed the toast down does it take the new value or the original one?

Good morning.

Did a massive fart as I posted this and my daughter said “well that DEFINITELY was you! Say pardon.”

20 Likes

New value

10 Likes

Yep, what @ma0sm says.

Why is winter back ffs?

2 Likes

morning everyone

2 Likes

the dial essential cranks up the value

10 Likes

abandons new thread

It’s the lesser-spotted ‘awake before 8am’ Pervo!

I am retaking my media law exam in London this morning. Only marginally failed last time even though I basically had no idea how to approach the exam last time (yay for distance learning!), and am much better prepared this time but mixture of having lots of tension headaches recently, a gerbil death, planning an enormous Countdown tournament and sleep deprivation have all played their part in hampering my revision. Worried that the last month of revision is just going to fall straight out of my head as soon as I open my exam paper. Exams held before 10am shouldn’t be allowed :frowning:

I blame @anon50098204

2 Likes

The new one!

Morning Theo and everyone. My throat feels like it spent the night having rabid badgers being dragged down it. :tired_face: I dreamed about the tomatoes I planted yesterday growing over night, I’m going to be disappointed aren’t I ?

1 Like

good luck, Pervect!

12 Likes

It’s cold. I have to make a really tricky schedule for a project today which I have put off for ages. Need coffee. It’s bloody freezing.

Edit: so cold I said it twice :neutral_face:

Morning all. Gonna have a maccers breakfast then got a long slow train ride from Belgrade to Zagreb. Gonna catch up on some reading I reckon.

good afternoon /evening to you

Thanks cowsers.

Is there an official time where afternoon becomes evening?

Does it depend on the time of year / sunset?

It’s 16:39, but overcast and definitely feels eveningy.

Pls advise.

1 Like

Never before 17:00. That’s the absolute earliest evening time.

3 Likes

So it is a sliding scale, but with a hard minimum?

Correct, with the increasingly outdated notion of a ‘9-5’ defining the hard minimum. I’d also take a long hard look at anyone who suggested evening hadn’t started by 19:00.

I’m glad we’ve cleared that up.

How about the transition from evening to night? Is this based purely on sunset? Does evening have a minimum time?

i agree with our twinkle toed friend

He’s a good #egg

2 Likes