Wednesday morning eternal toaster question

I’m a fucking idiot

2 Likes

Morning everyone. I got paid…

And relax.

2 Likes

Morning. My cat was obviously worried I was going to be late for work today because the second my alarm went off she started yowling and scratching my bedroom door. Ffs cat i was intending to press snooze a few times.

2 Likes

My dad always pre warms the toaster for this reason

4 Likes

I am fucking COLD!

The toaster at my house is too unpredictable. Sometimes it toasts shit quick, sometimes it takes ages. Depends.

This has blown my puny mind!

2 Likes

How did you not know this?

This is basic toast knowledge.

What’s happening here?

Fuck them.

2 Likes

i get paid on friday, fucking skint. this is the most i’ve been skint towards the end of the month in fucking ages.

1 Like

I never stopped to think!

1 Like

Toast wanker

3 Likes

take it to last nights evening thread :wink:

A penoid package that I am Very Excited about was dispatched yesterday. There’s no way it’s arriving today, is there? And yet I’m going to be sat here with my nose pressed against the front window all day anyway.

Oh, so that’s why I’ve never done London Bridge to Bank on the tube for a morning exam before. So much for the 9:04 ETA that national rail promised me.

There was a girl doing energetic, whimsical stretches on the DLR and her and her boyfriend kept making out. It’s 9am for fucks sake!! Simmer down!!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I feel your pain. To be fair, this month I’ve paid for a hotel in Carlisle, hotel in Cognac, a long weekend in Luxembourg and flights to and from Bucharest. I don’t feel too bad as at least I managed it.

@jazzballet, I think this is why employers tend towards people with the foresight to do laundry. And this is why none of us should have office jobs.

1 Like

I’ve never really noticed that with my toaster. I mean the timing might be slightly different but then there isn’t a ‘perfect’ setting on my toaster for any given type and freshness of bread.

The filaments are tiny on a toaster and heat up to maximum heat in a couple of seconds. I don’t think this would significantly affect the toasting on a second round although clearly the casing of the toaster will take longer to warm up.

I’d say mostly this is a psychological effect caused by differences in the bread itself and the ‘by eye’ method we use to determine how toasted it is.

aye alright (insert name of favourite world explorer) :slight_smile:

people should post IP freely

3 Likes

Damn, that really shouldn’t be that slow a journey even in rush hour. The Northern line platforms there tend to be fairly good at clearout I thought?

That said, walking it is a one-way trip to SWEAT TOWN although probably very uplifting on a day like today (brass monkeys aside).