Wednesday night feat. Knobbed

Imo, it’s a good game for when you’re a bit tired/stressed and/or don’t want to play something too taxing or expend much mental energy but want to do something interactive rather than just flopping in front of the TV.

Something will come up. Remember there’s fucking loads more people applying for every job at the moment. These chumps are missing out by not hiring you though imo.

5 Likes

Don’t worry too much about the specific sauce ingredients, it’s really hoisin + sweet + salt + vinegar and the rest is personal preference. I leave out the five spice because star anise gives me the boak, I’ve made it with and without the liquid smoke and couldn’t tell the difference etc

5 Likes

Aw thanks. They’re really not, I’m catastrophically shit at the type of work I’m applying for :smile: just need SOMETHING to tide me over so I can get on with fulfilling my lifelong ambition of becoming a driving instructor.

The hospital told Mrs Horse she’d be discharged, ‘any minute now’ at 10:30. I rushed over to the hospital ready. She finally got let out at 16:45. Great day off, that. Still, got a lot of reading done and she’s home now.

She’s unsurprisingly a bit tired so I’ll probably spend the evening trying to find out why Ableton won’t open anymore. I’ve got a haunted disco record tantalisingly close to being finished. Also need to sort out a new phone as my old one just formally handed in its resignation and stopped charging. Technology is not my friend.

Hope you’re all well.

3 Likes

Hang on, is your career plan to become Robin Askwith?

Steak & ale pie and chips for dinner :+1:

Not getting knobbed tonight but might have just the one tasty beer

1 Like

Hope she is doing ok

12 Likes

Having googled him… No, I am going to be one of the non pervy, non blokey, non Malcolm ones. The rarest breed.

2 Likes

Malcolms get no parking tickets, though…

My good pal is a driving instructor in Bath. Let me know if you want any advice!

3 Likes

Oh thanks!

And yep that scene is almost exactly how it happened

2 Likes

maybe one day Joke can teach me how to drive

1 Like

My day off involved driving 15 miles in the pissing rain to visit a boots and driving back again. Totally not how I wanted to spend my day off this week. Cheers.

It could actually happen!

1 Like

Evening all!

Still full from burgers and churros so no evening meal plans.

I need to write a personal statement for a job application, and maybe start writing another one for another job.

I’d really like a beer but I’m still banning myself from drinking in the house for another month. Might have a NA one instead or finish the tonic in the fridge.

Dunno what to have for tea.

Don’t have liquid smoke because I knew that would be a faff asking for in the shopping. May have some other substitutes too. Mostly just in it for any kind of sticky tofu and I don’t think it can go too wrong as long as the core process is followed?

1 Like

Just finished my work meals for the week, and put the best part of two weeks’ pasta sauce in the freezer. Now that’s a satisfying feeling.

1 Like

Cheers Bam! She’s alright, just very tired and sore.

2 Likes