Wednesday Thread. Happy Woden.

Not started one of these for a while. Coffee at work and feeling surprisingly fresh. Bring on the Woden.

Morning! Iā€™ve had my weekly ā€˜wake up at 4.30am and donā€™t go back to sleepā€™ which is awesome.

1 Like

Morning! My headT has decided in her infinite wisdom to get the local authority in to do a mocksted today. Because weā€™ve all had such an easy year. :person_shrugging::roll_eyes:

So basically, after several mad 14 hour daysā€¦hereā€™s another!

Morning all!

Today is our final assessment day for N5 English and represents the end of the course for most of my class.

Due to staff sickness, I seem to be coordinating it, but most of it is quite straightforward. It does mean Iā€™m in the building all day and I need to source some lunch (options will be Greggs, Morrisons or Subway, probably).

@Slicky - you have my sympathies. I canā€™t get my head round why someone would put their staff through that, especially this year.

1 Like

Had restless legs last night, the first time since I was pregnant, good grief I forgot how awful it is. Think I might need some more iron or something. Very grumpy and tired :tired_face:

1 Like

Whoā€™s got two thumbs and forgot to put out the recycling last night?

This guy!

After seeing the bin lorry coming up the street I managed to frantically get about three quarters of it out, which Iā€™m taking as a win.

5 Likes

ā€¦ and now for about the zillionth time this year Iā€™ve got this in my head

5 Likes

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

Iā€™ll be here all day, every day

7 Likes

Good morning all!

Plan for the day:

Biscoff porridge - bike ride - dog walk - relax

If it stays dry long enough Iā€™ll get the lawn mowed.

1 Like

Extremely hungover please send help.

Just found out that Springwatch is going to be filmed just down the road from us this year :slight_smile:

Wild Ken Hill sounds like a bluegrass legend

7 Likes

Thanks to @hip_young_gunslinger mentioning it yesterday I now have a French Republican calendar widget on my phone, so Iā€™d like to say happy Decadi 30 Floreal, celebrating the Shepherds Crook! Itā€™s a sunny Decadi here, and a standard day of stuff beckons. Bonne chance a tout mes amis!

(I canā€™t speak French so idk if thatā€™s right)

3 Likes

What?! My mother was a SAINT

1 Like

Hello!

Going to look at an office space I might start renting for my freelance work. THEN Iā€™m going to work in the bookshop for the rest of the day, first time since February when shops closed again. Will probably be KNACKERED tonight, good thing I have to be on the other side of town for my GP tomorrow at 8:45 am :slight_smile:

1 Like

Silly toddler cracked out her biggest tantrum to date around midnight last night so I feel broken. Solid meetings from 9-1 today, which I am thrilled about.

Was nearly late for work earlier due to stopping for a chat with the gang

11 Likes

I was late for my first meeting today because I was watching a squirrel in the garden.

And Iā€™d do it again

3 Likes

No idea is this will work but hopefully a way of stopping this kittens climbing up the back of the television.

nah - youā€™ll just end up with boxes all over the room

6 Likes

Morning - been for a pre work bike, only got slightly rained on

Still got my Lycra on, getting chilly. Shower now