Wednesday: thread of the day

I had this when Amazon delivered a camera to my old next door neighbours and they ignored me when I knocked on the door. my solution: send my mum round there, sorted it asap.

(turned out that the daughter of the neighbours opened the parcel, sold the camera to someone, my mum spoke to her mum who went mental at the daughter, and I got the camera back minus any packaging, the instructions and a couple of the cables, and the daughter hated me until I moved out)

1 Like

Good morning. I’d tell you what I’m eating, drinking and watching, but you can probably guess.

Anything else going on today? Not really tbh.

I don’t get it.

Bit early for a :burrito:

1 Like

Fucking hell! Didn’t even think that something as potentially heinous as that could be happening to my mystery box :grimacing:

:disappointed:

1 Like
  1. the Swiss flag looks a little bit like the Norwegian flag
  2. it looks even more like the Danish flag, so the joke is that Denmark and Norway are basically the same
  3. some people get Switzerland and Sweden confused, so the joke is that Sweden and Norway are the same

It’s MUCH funnier now that I’ve explained it.

2 Likes

Working day starts with my boss telling me off because she’s had complaints about my desk being messy. Then got told off again for laughing in response.
Just wanna go home tbh.

1 Like

Morning,

Record-breaking evening at Silver Jubilee Park last night. Hendon beat Spelthorne Sports 9-1. Most I’ve seen the Greens score competitively in 23 years of regular watching, Joe White’s 5 goal haul was the first time I’ve seen a Hendon player score more than 3 in a match (I think) and it equalled the biggest Hendon win I’ve seen - first was an 8-0 against Flackwell Heath in the FA Cup.

No-one cares, do they?

Tired this morning, de-hydrated and drinking plenty of water.

Have the kids later, looking forward to that.

3 Likes

Never too early for Frasier though.

1 Like

Should have come to the Leyton game.

Today I’m off to an AWS for beginners conference. Huzzah!

1 Like

:wave: morning everyone

2 Likes

Bad things: tired and worried I’m not gonna have enough cash to pay my tax bill at the end of the month :disappointed:

Good thing: I’ve got homemade :pizza:for lunch

Yup, should have done :frowning:

Oooft! What’s on it chief?

Olives and feta, him indoors made a batch of 4 last night

3 Likes

So far this week I’ve been chairing meetings and the themes have been The Simpsons, and then a tortured analogy centred around Frodo trying to email Helm’'s Deep.
Run out of cultural references so today they’re all getting STEIN.

4 Likes

Knock on their windows.

Before or after I’ve involved Scotland Yard? My wife seems to think that the lady who lives there is pregnant and that this has some bearing on her not being able/arsed to open the door.