Wednesday? Wednesday.

Think today is christmas tree day.

:smirk:

1 Like

They fuck you up your sons and daughters - Philip Larkin’s parents

2 Likes

Can someone post a picture of themselves with today’s newspaper and some kind of definite proof that its not yesterdays newspaper pls?

3 Likes

sharpening the CV this morning after a head hunter called me, fucks sake.

2 Likes

Wednesday

When’s day?

Now day!

OK!

7 Likes

Yesterday was my last day working until January 4th after nearly 7 months of 40 hour weeks. Was supposed to finish Friday but my line manager was really happy with how this campaign was going (already exceeded target) and just wanted to get a bit more so agreed to a final day yesterday.
It’s easy work for me so didn’t mind, and hopefully all this holds me in good stead for next year when (or if) touring happens and I can just get the time off when I want it.

Kind of don’t know what to do with myself now though!

3 Likes

Apparently it has Been Decided that the adults aren’t to get each other Christmas presents any more and it’s just for the kids.

I don’t want to exaggerate but I think this might literally be the happiest day of my life.

10 Likes

It may be a slightly unfair question to ask - but how do people (other than Dr Mrs Epimer) fare in terms of finding presents for you? I ask because I feel really sorry for anyone who has to buy a present for me.

I was asked if I want to be in secret santa with the adults of my family who I’m not even gonna see over Christmas. Absolutely not.

3 Likes

Have a meeting in 20 minutes and stress related ibs has kicked right in. Great timing, digestive system

They’re rubbish at it, probably because they don’t take the slightest bit of interest in my… interests, and refuse to look at an Amazon wishlist I’ve got prepared for this express purpose.

Happier about not receiving than not having to find gifts for other people.

3 Likes

Is it a bit shit, though?

Be honest.

2 Likes

Can’t believe you made the whole mail team redundant

3 Likes

Morning chumps

You know how hit and miss easy peelers, satsumas, clementines etc, are?
Well how about a thread where I record every time I eat one of our small, spherical orange friends and whether is was a good one or not?

• Wow! What a fantastic idea! That would make for a very interesting thread indeed :+1::clap:
  • :thinking: You need to get out of the house.

0 voters

Ate far too many crisps now I have a nosebleed.

Just picked up a Christmas present. It was from this family round here who are carving and selling these garden decorations out of logs; I knew it’d be heavy but I figured that they’re literally round two corners from my house - I can carry it no problem.

I, reader, have clearly been as impacted by anyone else by the UK’s pervading atmosphere of “having had enough of experts” because I - like the Conservative government - failed to take into account the science.

As any primary school scientician knows, this is the formula I should have heeded

Mass

plus

distance

equals

PAIN

7 Likes

You’re supposed to put them in your mouth lol

3 Likes

Moooorning :slight_smile:
My foot hurts from pathetically skidding down the stairs yesterday. The like, top bit under the toes, what’s that called? Just the top? Anyway yeah that’s starting to bruise.
Other than that nothing to report. Have big plans to do two loads of washing today though. A regular AND a wool wash!

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes