Wednesday

considering the abhorrent fucking headset on my desk im in a good mood too

Etta turns 1 on Friday, so that might be it!

1 Like

Of course. I saw someone make a mess of the kitchen yesterday and just leave it.

Obviously I told everyone at work about them doing this.

2 Likes

Forgot to plug in my headphones and blasted this in work. Oops.

*edit* I see Sheeldz did this ages ago.

For some reason I, out of morbid curiosity, clicked one of those Youtube videos that came up in the featured list where it was Buzzfeed staff talking about their experiences working for Buzzfeed and I think it’s made the day significantly and irreparably worse

1 Like

So you know how some people sit there all day grazing. You know like have a few nuts throughout the day or something. Might have a few seeds or something. Perhaps the odd grape? I dunno. I’m not a grazer myself.

New girl who sits opposite me is a grazer. But she grazes on cheese and onion crisps. All day. She sits there munching on cheese and onion crisps all day.

Whilst it’s within a subculture I don’t understand or know enough about, this is still deviant behaviour right?

I’ve posted about her before but my colleague who sits opposite me regularly has egg custards for breakfast, she’s genuinely my hero. I wish I could do that.

It’s really tempting when they’re 6 for £1 in Saino’s. Definitely feels deviant when you open a second bag in the space of a day.

Good Portuguese ones or poor quality English ones from a box?

I fucking love crisps but couldn’t eat them continually through the day.

I mean she’s probably ponging up the place with C&O crisps all day.

How crunchy are they?
I get some looks when I eat a crunchy sounding crisp but theres people that hock up their own flob at the desk so i’m like whatever guys

2 Likes

Someone’s brought in homemade cinnamon buns :+1:

2 Likes

We’re talking the nutmeggiest ones that supermarkets can offer.

Have you ever tried to make them? They’re absolutely incredible fresh out the oven but are a pain in the arse to make.

The amount of buffoonary currently in action in the office over this desk move is quite something to behold. If you were to watch the number of Project and Programme Managers stood in little huddles pointing and gesturing urgently, you’d think you were stuck in the Olympic version of W1A. It’s only moving a dozen of us.

We ditched real desk phones a year ago in favour of headsets. I was pretty sceptical at the time but have learnt to like it. I can go full on mouse and keyboard whilst waxing lyrical at the same time, pretty good upgrade from before imho.
The Skype system is a bit shit though. I don’t think the call forwarding works properly for me, and I haven’t quite worked out to put the headset on before answering the call. I always panic click answer the call and then put it on, so the other caller gets a couple of seconds of rustling noise before I say hello

Yeah I mean this is what gets me. I could do this, but… I get freaked out when I get thirsty after a moderate crisp binge (“what is that salt DOING to me” etc.) but all day? Shiiiiit.

Yeah the smell’s sub-optimal let’s put it that way. Not sure how I’m gonna deal with that next hangover I have at work. But she’s a considerate cruncher at the very least I’ll give her that

Hmm. Not so much of a fan of that. I mean I’ve got a higher than average nutmeg tolerance but not sure I’d be having that.

Three weeks and a day left - probably too early to just completely stop replying to emails right?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

people could easily come and see me though. could potentially blame it on ‘technical problems’ i guess?

genius