Wednesday

This has broken my previous ‘Unaware of band :arrow_right: Aware of band :arrow_right: Listen to band :arrow_right: Order the album’ record time held by Bright Eyes (I’m Wide Awake…) since 2004.

3 Likes

Such a good album.

Absolutely love Quarry, it’s a Waterloo Sunset for pick up truck drivers.

1 Like

Put off listening to them for ages because I was getting them confused with Colour Me Wednesday. Really like them, more bands should have a lap steel.

3 Likes

Nothing new to add, just adding to the chorus of this is fantastic and that Bull Believer is absolutely incredible.

Feel like Bull Believer would perhaps suit being the closer or towards the end of the record.

1 Like

yeah only a few listens in so far, but sequencing does feel a little lopsided - couple of the heaviest grungiest songs up front, then much more into the country twang later on

1 Like

Came in here to make a wednesday 13 joke but it’s good this. Enjoying the chonky riffs

Very strong album

1 Like

I already mentioned this in the release thread… definitely got a bit of the Big Thief’s about them in the twangy parts

1 Like

There are some straight up 90s alt bangers on here huh!? Bath County!

1 Like

Nice that people are picking up on them now. Twin Plagues is also very good

remember it not grabbing me as much as I expected after a few spins back when, will go and see if i hear it differently now

What Big Thief would sound like if Adrienne had been naughty at school…

1 Like

I’d say everything they’ve done upto now is really good. I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone is as good as Twin Plagues. It’s more country-shoegaze whereas TP leans into their grunge side more. Not sure where this one fits but it’s definitely not a drop in quality

1 Like

The album of covers they did is really strong too

1 Like

Yeah, didn’t wanna come across as too try hard with that post, but agreed heavily that everything they’ve done is total aces. Just nice they’re getting some well deserved attention

2 Likes

Ha I’ve done that enough for the both of us :wink:

1 Like

:smiling_face:

Formula One is really lovely.

Amazing song title that one