Weds Evening

At the risk of alienating the vocal minority of dissenters in the recent referendum…

Plans for this evening?

Found out this afternoon that I was the successful candidate in the selection having had to interview for my job on a permanent basis a fortnight ago. All my fears about the interview and academic strengths of the other candidates (PhD holders vs my 3 A-Levels at grades B, C and E) proved unfounded as I scored considerably higher than the other candidates.

Huge sigh of relief, mini ego-boost.

Definitely stopping at the local on the way home.

Elsewhere, need to finish letters tonight and treat myself for tea.

16 Likes

well done - you deserve a couple of lovely pints

I seem to have a bit or a rush on tonight as Kraftwerk are starting distressingly early.

Need to leave the office immediately

Have a good evening everyone!

nice one

i’m not doing anything tonight. might sit in the park and read a book because it’s quite nice out. trying to decide what i should get for dinner first.

1 Like

Thank you!

Enjoy Kraftwerk :+1:

too early!!! i’ll post in here again after 6pm as per protocol.

I’m still in a teleconference. I have fully lost the will to live.

Meant to be seeing Melt and The Bananas tonight but I feel like shit. Hopefully getting off this FUCKING call, getting some dinner and having a power nap will sort me out.

WHO THE FUCK IS ASKING A QUESTION TWO HOURS AND SEVENTEEN MINUTES INTO THIS SHITSHOW FOR FUCK SAKE WE ALL WANT TO GO HOME YOU WORSTCUOH MY GOD THEY’VE LAUNCHED INTO A FOLLOW-UP QUESTION WHAT THE FUCK

2 Likes

… I’m going to see the new pirates of the Caribbean tonight. It’s going to be really bad isn’t it? I’m not sure I’ve seen the last 12 that have been out since the first couple. I also have the urge to go see The Mummy which again, looks terrible. I really like pyramids though.

Hey-ho, the crap bit of the day is done. It’s Bug tonight so I’m off to Bug. It will be a good way to spend a couple of hours I’m sure.

Anyone ever been to the Balham Bowls Club? Having a quick drink there this evening.

I really enjoyed the first 2 Brendan Fraser mummy films, great Sunday afternoon can’t be fucked moving from the sofa fodder

2 Likes

I’m still at work you early evening dickheads

Explain the mouse thing again, cos if he’s just using the scroll wheel then there’s no issue, that’s what it’s for.

I’m hungry.

Never really thought they made any noise at all but you’re there and not me.

I always carry headphones with me so would just put those on. Earbuds would be even better!

Haha yeah, that they are. This Tom Cruise film looks like it could be either the worst thing ever or trashy, big budget amazingness. I might just sneak off and watch it on my own, that way I won’t feel bad dragging anyone along with me.

1 Like

Can anyone help me think of a way to use up my remaining 2300 calories today?

Don’t like it when the evening thread is started before I’ve left work.

1 Like

Hmm waiting on someone to reply to an email and then I can get outta here :unamused:

I’m also a massive tom cruise fan :+1::grinning: