Weekend Football Thread (Also Weekday League Cup Action Thread I Guess)

Proper love Roy

Maybe he should stop worrying about ale and worry about signing a player so you dont have to keep playing Jason Puncheon!!!

1 Like

Deeping Rangers v Kidderminster Harriers is on BBCi.

Got to be preferable to the lunchtime Prem game, surely.

Saints starting Schlong means this is a guaranteed Palace win. 2-0, benteke and puncheon

£1 says Bobby Mads makes a fucking howler of a decision today.

1 Like

Steve Browett is now an minority owner since the Americans came in so he won’t have much say.

I agree about Puncheon, but we don’t need a new signing to sort that, Milivojevic is on the bench and should be in Puncheon allowing Cabaye or Ruben Cheek to go further forward. Also once Zaha is back he’ll be on the wing.

We did need to sign a striker and right back, midfield isn’t too bad if Puncheon isn’t in it.

I was only joking

1 Like

Feel surprisingly stumped bants-wise regards Watford v City since he_2’s introduced a personal element to the #NARRATIVE. Simultaneously want City to win and the boy to have fond memories of his first top-flight game. Given their form, a classic high-scoring draw with a ref falling over, a streaker or a dog on the pitch maybe?

4 Likes

I was thinking it was a bit rich coming from a Villa fan. :). But we could easily be the new Villa or Sunderland.

Last year we had a great record against the top 6. Might be a chance we can get something. Depends which Forest turn up.

1 Like

You know your bets, on football35 they said watford plus 2 handicap at 9/10 was their pick.

Does that mean Watford to lose by 1 or 2 goals? I didnt really get it

Can’t work out how to do score + first scorer on bet365. FFS.

Looks like they’re saying back Watford with a two-goal start, so the 9/10 odds cover any home win, any draw, and any City win by a one goal margin. Might be wrong.

Ah right, makes more sense. Cheers. Thought 9/10 for a Watford win was very low

Every time i really fancy teams they lose.

I really fancy Leicester and West Ham today.

Roy looks like he’s already given up

It’s a sad indictment of the quality of the Premier League that a player as distinctly average as Gareth Barry holds the record number of appearances…

1 Like

Conversely de Boer is having a lovely day

2 Likes

Fucking hell St Pauli…