Weekend Football - WORLD CUP DRAW EARLY EDITION!

Chelsea are nailed on for PSG part 3

If our racist overlords at Stamford Bridge draw anyone other than Besiktas i’ll shit in my hat.

Ideal would be something like:

Chels - PSG
Nited - Bayern

Then Spurs, Liverpool and City to draw some filth to boost the #coefficient or make it very funny when they are unceremoniously DUMPED out

City - Sevilla
Spurs - Basil
Liverpool - Porto

It’ll be an outrage if City don’t get drawn with Basel!

If we could keep this very interesting discussion going right through until Monday oblivious to every match that happens, that would be good.

2 Likes

Basel are a better side than Porto or Sevilla.

Beat United twice, Chelsea twice, Liverpool, Bayern Munich.

3 Likes

aiming for the middle ground with my anti-bants, and lets face it whoever they get, they’ll be going through :man_shrugging:

Hard to say. The title’s much more important than any cup competition.

Of the English clubs, actually fancy United to win it the most. They’ve got pedigree for knockout competition football, as seen last year.

In terms of actually good matchups, narratives and clashes of style, etc, i wouldn’t mind seeing…

Barca v Chelsea
Spurs v Shakhtar
United v Real
Liverpool v Sevilla
City v Basel

Beating Celta and Southampton etc is a hell of a long way off playing PSG, Madrid though tbh

The United 2 Real 3 game of 99/00 still makes me laugh now. Henning Berg must wake up in cold sweats about Redondo. They were absolutely humiliated.

Good shout.

Liverpool v Shakhtar in that case, and Spurs v Sevilla.

I somewhat doubt that statement was made entirely in good faith tbh

1 Like

Assume you’ve read this?

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/manchester-united-2-real-madrid-3

It’s dead good if not.

would love a good old United - Real showdown again this season

1 Like

Want Juve for similar reasons. Those 96/97/99 Utd Juve ties are probably the most important fixtures in how football became the thing I love more than anything else. Would probably try and get to both legs if we drew them again this season.

3 Likes

Quite want PSG - Madrid

just for one of them to be out early and their season a disaster

1 Like

United were shite in Europe under Ferguson. So many examples of them spaffing their pants. Should have won four or five European Cups, won two because of opponents falling over.

Great Old Trafford Exits of our time

• The Redondo rinsing
  • The Ronaldo hat-trick
  • The Robben Volley
  • The Kaka Schooling
  • The Porto Embarrassment
  • Other

0 voters