Weekend footie football soccer

Alright, DOTS lad?!

Might even edge out West Brom for a Europa League spot

2 Likes

I am good with that outcome too.

1 Like

There’s no way Spurs are better. I’d argue that Arsenal aren’t, either.

Didn’t Spurs finish above City last season after beating them home and away, and didn’t they absolutely dismantle them a few weeks ago? Why are we playing down how good they are? Course they’ll shit their pants at the most important moments, but their manager and pretty much every player in their strongest eleven’s as good as anyone elses. They’re a bloody good team. City aren’t a team at all really, they just have three or four exceptional attacking players who if they turn up will beat most teams…but often don’t.

This isn’t necessarily me playing City’s chances down, they’re one of the teams who should be expected to seriously challenge, but we’ve got to stop making excuses for Spurs. The fact that they’ve built a good side more organically than any of the other Big Six shouldn’t mean they’re judged by different standards - Lloris, Alderweireld, Dembele, Alli, Kane is the second strongest team spine in the league, and others, specifically the defensive players like Walker, Rose and Vertonghen are clearly better than anyone City, United or Liverpool have.

Spurs are the second best team in the country. Until Chelsea’s sharp improvement under Conte i’d argue that for a time, since Chelsea won it last, they’ve been the best team in the country. They didn’t win the league, and that’s really funny.

Are they really that good? They were great against Chelsea, ‘apparently’ they were okay against Arsenal. I saw them play Leverkeusen, I was at the game, and my overarching feeling was that I’d be horrified if my team had just spent that much on Sissoko. Not just him though, the whole team were incredibly woeful. It’s only your game, and the game against Chelsea, that has wavered opinion on them. With Spurs, the shit team turns up more often than the good team, for me. I’m ignoring yesterday’s result - admittedly I’ve not seen motd, but talk that they are a better team than City, is folly.

Imagine having a complete lack of awareness that you would compare your football team losing to all the horrible things that have happened in the world this year.

dunno, they rode out an injury to their most important and least replacable player, while playing champions league, and are only 3 points off the top 4, that’s pretty impressive. Of the top 6, they’re one of two who you could have any faith in keeping a clean sheet. FWIW I reckon theyll miss out on top 4, but mainly cause I reckon city will improve (personnel + time under Pep) in the second half of the season.

Although I do wonder about someone who trawls through a 300-post thread purely to find something to be outraged by, I admit that I got easily wound up whilst in the pub and posted something really stupid. I apologise, everyone.

But that was the exasperating thing. At the time of the BL game, all the talk was about how soon Kane would be back, yet he was out and out the best Spurs player on the pitch.

It was like- don’t worry lads, Kane will be back soon. …err, guys, Son was the only player that put a shift in.

:smiley:

Superb reading as always fellas. Miss the days when I’d save reading this for Monday morning but had to see the city lads melting down then boiling back up again
Cardiff drew against Brighton but nobody actually went or played

I posted that a couple of hours ago, but I agree :smile:

Don’t think you can base the whole aspirations for the season and quality of the squad on the worst performance of year. I was there too and agree Spurs were fucking dreadful but as others have said, we’ve been in a bad run of form, without our two best players in Kane and Alderweireld and an important first teamer in Lamela. Eriksen and Alli are only just starting to wake up it seems. Liverpool who everyone seems to be jizzing themselves over are only a couple points ahead of us.

We won’t get top 4 like last season as I think it relies on one or two of City/Arsenal/Chelsea having poor campaigns for Spurs to sneak in.

Spurs are a good side. Will deffo win at old Trafford next week.
No anti bants either. We’re gonna have to play a strong team in the Ukraine on Thursday night and they’ll be fucked after that travelling

I’d fancy our chances tbh

Compared to previous teams and managers at least this Spurs team don’t roll over against the big boys.

bookmark this for next week please lads

I’m not, I just think City are a better team.

In fairness you got quite lucky against Wham, coasted against Arsenal, and the only other notable performances (ignoring yesterday) are City and Chelsea.

So playing shit but still beating West Ham and drawing at Arsenal proves what?