Weekend oilball thread

Should we not have a seperate thread for amateur football?

4 Likes

Meanwhile in Germania

FC Union beat Würzburger Kickers last night to go second ahead of Hannover and just behind Stuttgart who are both still to play.

In the big league, Leipzig could only manage a draw away to Augsburg meaning Bayern can break away with a victory over Köln. Dortmund vs Leverkusen is the pick of the bunch today with HSV hosting Hertha tomorrow.

Might go see Queens Park vs Livingston today

Sorry for not being Oily enough

Going on previous form, seems a fair to decent chance United will draw and Liverpool are so unpredictable. Flip a coin. If they turn up, they’ll win. Odds of 2/1 on the double doesn’t seem a good price to me.

If only there was some way for the rozzers to ascertain his whereabouts at, say, 8pm on Monday.

1 Like

Really difficult to predict the Liverpool/Arsenal game. On balance, I think Arsenal might edge it, but frankly it could be anything from 0-0 to 4-3 either way and I wouldn’t be surprised.

2 Likes

It’s going to be interesting to see how the world’s richest club cope at the world’s third biggest club in the lunchtime kick off today!

Bacuna banned for 6 gamea. Everyone shrugs

Just noticed City are playing again Wednesday night cos of fantasy league double gameweek.

Always thought that top flight matches couldn’t clash with UEFA Competitions (Madrid kicking off early against Valencia the other week, for example)

They probably factored in that no one in their right mind would chose to watch City vs Stoke over the Champions League. City and Stoke fans included.

1 Like

By my reckoning, this is United’s 19th absolute banker in a row.

2 Likes

Wilshere dropped!

1 Like

Liverpool will batter us, obviously. Very strong record against the top teams, they normally smother us at anfield and we’ve not even played Klopp’s version away yet.

Only hope is that the 12 days we’ve had off have been used for some actual tactical stuff. Ozil’s ill so we’ll hopefully move to a 4-3-3, which would be good. Ozil’s normally a spare part in these games; don’t think it’s his fault, it’s just that our team’s always set up badly /with the wrong personnel.

Our fixture list is really skewed, hence this long unbeaten run where we’ve not played anyone. If we’re not in 2nd place and 7 or 8 points clear of 5th by mid-April, we ain’t getting Champos footie.

edit: though I heard you do get it for winning the mickey mouse treble these days.

2 Likes

Newcastle won’t win at Huddersfield.

big phil

A penalty against Utd at old Trafford? We’ll go down in history!!

incredible how zlatan hasn’t been sent off

haha united player assaults someone, send off the opposition